- Core Spreads Pros and Cons
- Is Core Spreads Safe or a Scam?
- Deposits and Withdrawals
- Trading Platform
Our Review Method
- 55Brokers Financial Experts with over 10 years of experience in Forex Trading check all trading offerings, fees, and platforms, verified regulations, contacted customer service, and placed traders to see trading conditions and give expert opinions about Core Spreads.
What is Core Spreads?
Core Spreads is a spread betting and CFD trading broker offering Forex in over 30 currency pairs, indices, shares, commodities, and more.
The brokerage company was established in the UK with the goal of offering different trading opportunities for active traders. Their developed proprietary trading platform brings competitive pricing as a standard to all clients.
Core Spreads has also registered offices in Sydney, and operates under the name of Trade Nation Australia Pty Ltd, authorized and regulated by ASIC (AU).
The broker combined years of experience in the market while offering spread betting and CFDs through the essentials done by tight and fixed spreads, helping to maximize returns.
In addition, there is another Forex trading company Trade Nation which was established under the name of Core Spreads and currently provides its services globally.
Core Spreads Pros and Cons
Core Spreads is a reliable broker with FCA license and transparent conditions. There is an easy account opening process, spreads are among the lowest in the industry with fixed or floating proposals.
For the Cons, the instrument range is rather limited, and there is no 24/7 customer support.
|Regulated broker with a strong establishment||No 24/7 customer support|
|FCA license and overseeing|
|Competitive trading costs and spreads|
|Quality customer support|
Core Spreads Review Summary in 10 Points
|🗺️ Regulation||FCA, ASIC|
|🖥 Platforms||CoreTrader, CoreMT4|
|📉 Instruments||CFDs, Forex (including Spread Betting for UK residents), Shares, Indices, and Commodities|
|💰 EUR/USD Spread||0.7 pips|
|🎮 Demo Account||Available|
|💳 Minimum deposit||$0 |
|💰 Base currencies||USD, EUR, GBP|
|📚 Education||Market news and analysis, trading insights|
|☎ Customer Support||24/5|
Overall Core Spreads Ranking
Core Spreads is considered a good broker with safe and favorable trading conditions with transparency. The broker offers a range of trading services designed for all level traders with no initial deposit amount. Core Spreads is available in many countries, so traders can sign in also with the lowest spreads.
- Core Spreads Overall Ranking is 8.5 out of 10 based on our testing and compared to over 500 brokers, see Our Ranking below compared to other industry Leading Brokers.
|Ranking||Core Spreads||LCG||Capital Index|
|Advantages||Spreads||Trading Platforms||Trading Conditions|
Core Spreads Alternative Brokers
Core Spreads offers good trading conditions, a range of trading instruments, also competitive trading spreads and fees. However, there are a number of other brokers that offer similar services. Here are some of the best alternatives to Core Spreads:
Core Spreads is an award-winning broker with competitive trading conditions. The broker has also garnered collective recognition from industry leaders many times.
Is Core Spreads Safe or Scam?
No, Core Spreads is not a scam. It is the trading name of Trade Nation Financial UK Ltd, which is a registered company in the UK and is considered a low-risk trading company.
Is Core Spreads Legit?
Yes, Core Spreads is a legit and regulated broker.
The broker is subject to FCA (UK) and ASIC (Australia) regulations which perform some of the strictest rules in the financial market respected worldwide.
See our conclusion on Core Spreads Reliability:
- Our Ranked Core Spreads Trust Score is 8.9 out of 10 for good reputation and service over the years, also for a reliable top-tier license.
|Core Spreads Strong Points||Core Spreads Weak Points|
|Regulated broker with FCA license||None|
|Negative balance protection|
How Are You Protected?
Each customer is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) under FCA rules of operation that guarantee clients’ funds up to 50,000 GBP. Also, funds are always kept separately in a segregated account, which means cannot be used for operational purposes.
Moreover, Core Spreads provides its clients with negative balance protection to guarantee that they will never lose more than they have in their accounts.
Since Core Spreads delivers its service through sharp respective regulatory guidelines of FCA and ASIC the allowed leverage levels depend on the specific conditions the regulation provides. So Core Spreads Leverage is offered according to the FCA and ASIC regulations:
- UK traders are eligible to use low leverage up to 1:30 for major currency pairs, 1:20 for minor currencies, and 1:10 for commodities.
- Australian traders may use 1:30 for Forex instruments.
Core Spreads has one account type. The company sticks not to dividing their clients and to offer every client good conditions.
Of course, in the beginning, any trader can open a risk-free demo account with Core Spreads.
|Fast account opening||None|
|No minimum deposit amount requirement|
|Demo account is available|
|Account base currencies GBP, EUR, USD|
How to Open Core Spreads Live Account?
Opening an account with Core Spreads is quite easy. You should follow the opening account or sign-in page and proceed with the guided steps:
- Select and Click on the “Create Account” page
- Enter the required personal data (Name, email, phone number, etc.)
- Verify your personal data by upload of documentation (residential proof, ID, etc.)
- Complete the electronic quiz confirming your trading experience
- Once your account is activated and proven, follow with the money deposit.
The market offerings cover the most important instruments bringing availability to trade CFDs on 30 popular currency pairs at Forex (including Spread Betting for UK residents), Shares, Indices, and Commodities.
- Core Spreads Markets Range Score is 8.5 out of 10 for wide trading instrument selection among Forex, Shares, Indicies, and more. However, the broker doesn’t offer futures, option, bonds, etc.
Core Spreads Fees
Core Spreads pricing offers variable spreads and low commission charges. All clients at Core Spreads are treated as retail clients, however, there is an option to obtain a professional status, which requires experience and a significant size of transactions. In reverse you will get a special status with numerous attractive conditions, lower costs and participation in programs.
Also, consider overnight fee or swap as a trading cost, as in case you hold an open position longer than a day various fees are applicable. If the index, equity, or commodity position is long, the broker charge 1 month LIBOR plus 2.5%.
- Core Spreads Fees are ranked average, low with an overall rating of 8.5 out of 10 based on our testing, and compared to over 500 other brokers.
|Fees||Core Spreads Fees||InterTrader Fees||Capital Index Fees|
|Fee ranking||Low||Low, Average||Low, Average|
Core Spreads spreads offer tight and some of the lowest spreads based on our findings, also offering fixed spreads on some accounts or instruments. Based on our finds the average spread for EUR/USD is 0.7 pips, which is considered slightly lower than the industry average.
- Core Spreads Spreads are ranked low or average with an overall rating of 8.9 out of 10 based on our testing comparison to other brokers. We found Forex spread much lower than the industry average, and spreads for other instruments are very attractive too.
|Asset/ Pair||Core Spreads Spread||InterTrader Spread||Capital Index Spread|
|EUR USD Spread||0.7 pips||0.6 pips||1.1 pips|
|Crude Oil WTI Spread||3 pips||3 pips||7|
|Gold Spread||4||4||0.5 |
|BTC USD Spread||0.70%||0.60%||-|
Deposits and Withdrawals
Core Spreads offers its clients the most common payment methods including Cards payments, wire bank transfers, and e-wallets.
- Core Spreads Funding Methods we ranked good with an overall rating of 8.5 out of 10. The minimum deposit is among the average in the industry, yet fees are either none or very small also allowing to benefit from various account-based currencies.
Here are some good and negative points for Core Spreads funding methods found:
|Core Spreads Advantage||Core Spreads Disadvantage|
|$0 is a first deposit amount||None|
|No internal fees for deposits and withdrawals|
|Fast digital deposits, including Credit/Debit Cards|
|Multiple Account Base Currencies|
In terms of funding methods, Core Spreads offers the following payment methods:
- Credit/Debit cards
- Bank wire
Core Spreads Minimum Deposit
There is no minimum deposit requirement for Core Spreads account opening. To make a trade, you just need to deposit a ‘margin’, which is effectively money cover in case you lost money on the trade instead of gain. The margin needed on the account is a percentage of the notional value of the trade, sometimes this can be less than 1%.
Core Spreads minimum deposit vs other brokers
||Most Other Brokers
Core Spreads WIthdrawals
Core Spreads withdrawals similar to deposits are Bank Wire and Card payments. The transaction fees involving card deposits and transfers do not incur any charges from the company for both deposits and withdrawals. Yet, you should always check with your payment provider in case any fees are waived from your side.
How Withdraw Money from Core Spreads Step by Step:
- Login to your account
- Select Withdraw Funds’ in the menu tab
- Enter the withdrawn amount
- Choose the withdrawal method
- Complete the electronic request with necessary requirements
- Confirm withdrawal information and Submit
- Check the current status of withdrawal through your Dashboard
Core Spreads offers its proprietary trading platform CoreTrader. The platform presents some of the lowest fixed spreads in the market with no commission while performing trading through the web, desktop, and application. It is fast and reliable software with rapid execution as well as a great tool for spread betting clients.
For its Australian clients, the broker also offers CoreMT4 trading platform for CFD trading, available via desktop and mobile.
- Core Spreads Platform is ranked good with an overall rating of 8.5 out of 10 compared to over 500 other brokers. We mark it as good since it offers professional trading platforms.
Trading Platform Comparison to Other Brokers:
|Platforms||Core Spreads Platforms||InterTrader Platforms||Capital Index Platforms|
Core Spreads provides 24/5 customer support to its clients. Phone lines, Live chat, and Email are also available here.
- Customer Support in Core Spreads is ranked good with an overall rating of 8 out of 10 based on our testing. We got fast and knowledgeable responses, also quite easy to reach during the working days.
See our find and ranking on Customer Service Quality:
|Quick responses||No 24/7 customer support|
|Availability of live chat, phone lines, and email|
Core Spreads Education
Core Spreads provides market news and analysis, and trading insights in the blog section of the website.
- Core Spreads Education ranked with an overall rating of 6.5 out of 10 based on our research. The broker provides market news and insights, and also cooperates with market-leading providers of data. However, there is no research and learning section provided.
Core Spreads Review Conclusion
For final thoughts, one of the main attractive features of Core Spreads is its spread offering, providing a competitive basis along with an option to choose either fixed or floating spreads. However, the broker does not offer learning materials or didn’t include sophisticated tools, but brings transparent trade processing.
Based on Our findings and Financial Expert Opinions Core Spreads is Good for:
- Traders from UK
- Australian traders
- Spread betting and CFD trading
- STP/OTC execution
- Advanced traders
- Professional trading
- Competitive trading fees and spreads
- Tight fixed spreads
- Supportive customer support
Share this article [addtoany url="https://55brokers.com/core-spreads-review/" title="Core Spreads"]