- Velocity Trade Pros and Cons
- Is Velocity Trade safe or a scam?
- Trading Platform
- Trading Fees
- Deposits and Withdrawals
Our Review Method
- 55Brokers Financial Experts with over 10 years experience in Forex Trading check trading offerings including fees, platforms, verified regulations, contacted customer service, and placed traders to see trading conditions and give an expert opinion about Velocity Trade
What is Velocity Trade?
Velocity Trade is a global brokerage firm that offers comprehensive brokerage solutions, access to the market, and commission management to corporate clients and delivers its trading environment and opportunity through a range of global entities located in some of the main jurisdictions around the world.
- The broker was established back in 2007, it maintains powerful trading capability and ever since serves as a trusted partner to numerous traders and institutions.
These entities include offering designed across Australia, Canada, South Africa, Oceania, the UK, Europe, and more, which also may be slightly different due to regulatory requirements.
What type of broker is Velocity?
Velocity is a broker-dealer that focuses on a combination of market execution and robust technology offering solutions to institutional clients. The execution model is performed through STP which gives independence to investment through technology and unparalleled performance.
Velocity Trade Pros and Cons
Velocity Trade provides quality trading conditions and transparent trading due to regulation and DMA access. There are various exchanges available for trading and various assets available to trade, trading technology is good and there are many platforms to choose from.
For the negative points, costs might be higher compared to industry, the education is lacking and the instruments are limited to CFD and FX. Spreads are higher than the industry average and there are no demo account.
|Advantage ||Disadvantage |
|Multiply Regulated Broker||Only FX and CFD|
|Global coverage||No 24/7 support|
|Good CFD and FX Instrument Range||Conditions vary based on jurisdiction |
|Great Conditions||No demo account |
|Good Client Protection |
Velocity Trade Review Summary in 10 Points
|🏢 Headquarters||UK, Canada, Australia|
|🗺️ Regulation||ASIC, FCA, IIROC, FMA, BaFIN, FSCA|
|📉 Instruments||Equity, currency, commodity|
|🖥 Platforms||MT4, PFSOFT|
|💰 EUR/USD Spread||3 pips|
|💳 Minimum deposit||$0 |
|🎮 Demo Account||Available|
|💰 Base currencies||USD, EUR, GBP, AUD|
|📚 Education||Learning materials, analysis and tools|
|☎ Customer Support||24/5|
Overall Velocity Trade Ranking
Overall, Velocity is a good broker with impeachable reputation and client protection. Being regulated by multiple jurisdictions the broker ensures safe trading environment and quality service.
- Pepperstone Overall Ranking is 7.9 out of 10 based on our testing and compared to over 500 brokers, see Our Ranking below compared to other industry Leading Brokers.
|Ranking ||Velocity Trade ||XM||FP Markets|
|Our Ranking ||⭐⭐⭐||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Advantage ||Regulation||Education ||Low Spreads|
Velocity Trade Alternative Brokers
However, we couldn’t pass by broker’s obvious cons, such as the lack of decent educational resources coupled with high spreads make the broker not the best option for beginner clients. Also, the range of market is limited to CFDs and FX. So it is good to check other brokers too, here are some of Velocity Trade Alternative Brokers:
- XM — Good Educational Resources
- FP Markets — Low Spreads Broker
- AvaTrade — Excellent Broker for Option Trading
Is Velocity Trade safe or scam?
Yes, Velocity Trade is a safe broker holding several top-tier licenses from multiple jurisdictions ensuring fair trading conditions across the globe and is considered a low-risk broker.
Is Velocity Trade regulated?
Yes, Velocity Trade is a globally regulated broker that holds multiple licenses from the world-recognized authorities regulating the Forex industry. These registrations include FCA from the UK, Australian ASIC, Canadian IIROC, FMA from New Zealand, and South Africa FSCA. You may also learn more about why trade with ASIC-regulated brokers by the link.
Our Conclusion on Velocity Trade Reliability:
- We ranked Velocity Trade Trust Score 9 out 0f 10 for its commitment to strict compliance with established regulations and licensing requirements across the globe. The firm stands as an exemplar in adherence to industry standards worldwide.
|Velocity Trade Strong Points||Velocity Trade Weak Points|
|Velocity Trade Strong Points||Protection Conditions vary depending on the entity|
|Regulated by FCA, ASIC, BaFin, FMA, IIROC, etc.|
|Negative Balance Protection and Compensation Scheme|
- Therefore and according to regulatory requirements, Velocity Trade obliges in each jurisdiction it delivers service, there are numerous outcomes in terms of how the company operates a business or manages client funds, services and so.
- Even though each jurisdiction provides slightly different trading conditions or allowed, regulated, opportunities, less or more all are concerned about traders’ security, the integrity of the financial investment, and of course reputable, transparent investment for all the parties.
Velocity Trade Leverage
Leverage is a useful tool that enables clients to borrow funds from brokers with the aim to capitalize on their return on investments. However, leverage should be taken with caution since it increases the risks.
Velocity Trade leverage levels depend on the entity. Each jurisdiction imposes different restrictions and laws regarding leverage. For more details, you may always contact support or customer service that remains on hand at any step of your trading.
- Generally, if you are trading with UK, European, and Australian entities you will use lower leverage of a maximum of 1:30 due to recent restrictions,
- South Africa may offer also levels up to 1:200,
- New Zealand residents will get exposure to high leverage up to 1:500,
- while the Canadian entity restricts you to 1:40.
There are no specified conditions on one account or another, all the differences between offerings referred to an entity of Velocity Trade you are going to trade with. It happens due to regulatory restrictions, requirements, and specified conditions so it is better to contact customer service before you sign in and to receive all trading details according to your residence.
Does Velocity Trade offer a demo account?
No, the broker does not offer a demo account.
|Low Minimum Deposit||No account diversity|
|No Demo Account|
Velocity Trade Instruments
Velocity Trade Instrument range offers equity, currency, futures, and commodity trading through an extensive level of risk management combined with opportunities over traditional models. Velocity Trade offers trading access to over 40 exchanges, including the US, Australia, Canada, UK, and South African markets which maintain global exposure through the market you desire to trade.
- Velocity Trade Instrument Range is ranked 7.8 out of 10 for a good range of trading instruments, however, the market offered is quite limited and offers only CFDs and Forex instruments.
Velocity Trade fees are mainly built into a commission charge. Velocity Trade spreads are obviously defined by the region you are trading through, as various exchanges may apply slightly different conditions. The broker also doesn’t charge other non-trading fees which makes it a very attractive option for clients.
- Velocity Trade Fees are ranked 8.2 out of 10 in comparison with other 500 brokers. Fees differ based on the entity, overall fees are low and competitive. See the fees comparison table below
|Fees||Velocity Trade Fees||XM Fees||AvaTrade Fees |
Velocity Trade Spread
Velocity Trade spreads are defined by the region you are trading through, as various exchanges may apply slightly different conditions. However, the spread offering for EUR/USD pair is averaged to 3 pips which is higher than the industry average. Also, there might be some other commission charges due to DMA execution type which is also defined by the entity of Velocity Trade you operate with.
Also, corporate clients or managers have a full range of MAM or PAMM accounts, with unique possibilities and great performance. Moreover, there is an option to open a swap-free account for those who require so, which is an account available for day trading only.
- We ranked Velocity Trade Spreads 7 out of 10 based on our research and compared to other brokers that offer tight spreads, whereas spreads for Velocity Trade are much higher than the industry average which is 1.2 pips for EUR/USD
|Asset/Pair||Velocity Trade Spead||Pepperstone Spread||XM Spread|
|EUR/USD Spread||3 pips||0.77 pips||1.6 pips|
|Oil WTI Spread||4||2.3 pips||5 pips|
Velocity Trade Funding Methods
Velocity Trade has specified neither its payment options nor conditions for payment meaning the most common option Bank Wire remains as your option.
- Velocity Trade Funding Methods are ranked with an overall rating of 7.5 out of 10. The broker doesn’t require minimum deposits and fees overall are either 0 or small. However, the broker doesn’t provide information regarding its funding methods as well as the info about currency base available
|Velocity Trade Advantages||Velocity Trade Disadvantages|
|No Minimum Deposit||Funding Options are not Specified|
|Free Deposit and Withdrawals||Fees vary according to jurisdiction|
Velocity Trade minimum deposit
Velocity Trade does not mention a minimum deposit. So, it is also rather a Velocity condition that enables the company offers tailored solutions according to the client’s need, size you are going to operate, instrument, and of course depending on the entity region as well.
Velocity Trade minimum deposit vs other brokers
||Most Other Brokers
Velocity Withdrawal option is a Bank Transfer, still considered the most used and trusted option. As for fees, the broker does not charge internal fees, but your bank may add on some deposit fees from its side.
Velocity Trade chooses as its execution software industry leader MetaTrader4 which is not a surprise due to powerful MT4 capabilities and a full range of features.
Also, the broker provides investment opportunities, including Capital Raising, Advisory, and Investment Organization solutions available for private and capital markets across various jurisdictions and between countries. These options provide the client with additional tools, permitting them to enhance traditional trading.
- Velocity Trade Platforms are ranked with a ranking of 8 out of 10 compared to over 500 brokers. The broker offers a sophisticated MT4 platform which is the industry standard, however, the point is that it doesn’t offer alternative platforms
Trading Platform Comparison to Other Brokers:
|Platforms||Velocity Trade Platforms||Pepperstone Platforms||XM Platforms|
Nevertheless, MT4 offers not only a full range of instruments and industry-leading technology optimization over the trading process but also VT executes trading through LD4 and NY5 engines through ECN style by giving the full amount of liquidity.
Meaning, you will be trading through a dark pool and non-bank liquidity access with unique opportunities. Also together with a great range of available assets, Velocity Trade enables the trade of OTC vanilla options and precious metals all delivered with great support from the global offices of VT.
Also, together with its powerful software, Velocity Trade partners with TMX insights alliance with the purpose to deliver FX and Equity data analytics.
Velocity Customer Support
Traders can get in touch with Velocity Trade customer support by selecting the relevant jurisdiction from the homepage which will redirect the trader to the specific jurisdiction’s contact page. Traders can contact customer support either by telephone, email or by completing the online request form provided on the website.
- Velocity Trade Customer Support is ranked 7.9 out of 10. The broker provides support by redirecting traders to the corresponding jurisdiction page where traders can get professional support
|Quick response||No 24/7 support|
|No Live Chat|
Velocity Trade Education
Velocity trade does not provide educational resources such as glossaries, training centers, and academies, guidelines, tutorials, or any other form of education which can assist beginner traders to improve their trading skills.
Velocity Trade Review Conclusion
Concluding Velocity Trade Review we couldn’t find too many details about trading conditions provided by the broker itself, overall the company seems to be a reputable brokerage firm. It is not only regulated in one entity but in various world leading financial hubs, which confirms a strong establishment base.
Also, it is more obvious Velocity Trade manly serves institutions and corporations due to its high development of procedures, as well as particularly designed products. So with our view, Velocity Trade might be an interesting opportunity for the traders of bigger size or those experienced in Forex already, beginners better refer to other brokers.
Based on Our findings and Financial Expert Opinion Velocity Trade is Good for:
- Professional Traders
- Corporate Clients
- Traders from UK, Europe and Australia
- EAs running
- Copy Trading
- Scalping / Hedging Strategies
- Traders who prefer MT4 platform
- Currency Trading and CFD Trading
- Suitable for a Variety of Trading Strategies
- High Leverage Trading