- What is AvaTrade?
- AvaTrade Pros and Cons
- Safe or a Scam?
- Account Types
- Market Instruments
- Deposits and Withdrawals
- Trading Platforms
- Customer Support
Our Review Method
- 55Brokers Financial Experts with over 10 years of experience in Forex Trading check all trading offerings, fees, and platforms, verified regulations, contacted customer service, and placed traders to see trading conditions and give expert opinions about AvaTrade.
What is AvaTrade?
AvaTrade is one of the leading and globally presented Forex Trading Brokers with over 200,000 trusting clients worldwide – Regulated on 5 continents. Forex broker provides customers with sophisticated trading solutions, regardless of user knowledge or experience, by bringing the possibility to enter the market trade through numerous, adaptable platforms, tools, and options.
What Type of Broker is AvaTrade?
We found out that AvaTrade is a Market Maker broker that offers a range from Forex pairs and CFD trading to Cryptocurrencies, available to trade with no restrictions on short selling or scalping. We also learned that the broker is considered a leading global Forex broker offering a wide range of trading platforms and trading instruments. Generally, AvaTrade is an STP and OTC broker that also uses high technology for order executions. i.e., quotes received from the interbank and connected to the market itself.
Where is AvaTrade Based?
AvaTrade is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. We learned that the broker has also satellite offices throughout Europe and the Asia-pacific region and is registered with multiple jurisdictions globally.
AvaTrade Pros and Cons
Based on our Expert findings, we learned that AvaTrade is a heavily regulated Broker with an excellent reputation. The account opening is easy, and there is a great range of trading tools and user-friendly software, also many ways to deposit and withdraw funds. What we also like is AvaTrade high-tech access to an expanded range of instruments and multiple platforms either for manual, algorithmic, or social trading.
For the Cons, there are not so many in our expert opinion, just as proposals vary according to the entity, there is no 24/7 support, and trading instruments are limited to Forex and CFDs.
|Heavily regulated broker with excellent reputation
|No 24/7 support
|Global expands across five continents
|Conditions vary based on the entity
|Wide range of trading platforms and competitive trading conditions
|Limited Forex and CFDs trading instruments
|Great technical solutions and tools
|Wide range of deposits and withdrawal options
|Quality customer support with live chat and fast response
AvaTrade Review Summary in 10 Points
|Bank of Ireland, ASIC, JFSA, FSCA, CySEC, BVI FSC, FRSA, ISA
|MT4, MT5, WebTrader, AvatradeGO, AvaOptions, DupliTrade, ZuluTrade, AvaSocial, Capitalise.ai
|250 trading instruments, including more than 60 currency pairs, FX Pairs, major Stock Indices, Cryptocurrencies, Commodities, Bonds, Individual Shares, and ETFs
|💰 EUR/USD Spread
|🎮 Demo Account
|💳 Minimum Deposit
|💰 Base Currencies
|5 base currencies
|Superior-level educational materials, eBooks, videos, webinars, and more
|☎ Customer Support
Overall AvaTrade Ranking
Based on our Expert findings, AvaTrade is considered a reputable broker with safe and very favorable trading conditions. The broker offers a range of trading services designed for both beginner traders and professionals with low initial deposit amounts. As one of the good advantages, AvaTrade covers almost the globe, so traders from various countries can sign in, also with the lowest spreads.
- AvaTrade Overall Ranking is 9.3 out of 10 based on our testing and compared to over 500 brokers, see Our Ranking below compared to other industry Leading Brokers.
AvaTrade Alternative Brokers
We learned that AvaTrade offers a range of trading instruments, good trading conditions, and also low trading spreads and fees. However, there are a number of other brokers that offer similar services. Here are some of the best alternatives to AvaTrade:
- XM – Wide Range of Trading Opportunities
- Pepperstone – Low Spreads and Competitive Trading Conditions
- FXTM – Good for Beginners and Good Fees
Within a few short years since its launch in 2006, AvaTrade has expanded enormously, while Ava global customers execute more than two million trades a month on over 250 instruments.
It’s not a wonder that Ava has earned numerous industry awards in over 10 years of successful activity, in addition to wide support programs launched by Ava. Apart from them, AvaTrade (previously known as Ava FX) was rewarded for its excellent service and the trading technology that confirms brokers’ strong and reputable position in the industry, which we will see why it is like that further in our AvaTrade Review.
Is AvaTrade Safe or Scam?
Based on our research, we found out that AvaTrade is not a scam. It is considered a secure broker to trade. AvaTrade is legit and regulated by various top financial authorities including ASIC (Learn about ASIC Regulated Blueberry Markets), and CySEC, and licensed by the Central Bank of Ireland. Thus, we came to the conclusion that it is secure and low-risk to trade Forex and CFD with AvaTrade.
Is AvaTrade legit?
Yes, AvaTrade is a fully legit and regulated broker in each jurisdiction, as holds necessary licenses and regulatory obligations apart from its main establishment standards regulated by Ireland. This information you may check on the official AvaTrade website, as well as through the authority website. Also, you may find the links of the licenses provided in AvaTrade Review, and definitely should always verify their true state.
- In addition, AvaTrade is heavily regulated and obliges internationally recognized laws that keep brokers’ reliability at a certain level of trust, and is considered to be a safe broker to trade with.
See our conclusion on AvaTrade Reliability:
- Our Ranked AvaTrade Trust Score is 9 out of 10 for good reputation and service over the years, also reliable top-tier licenses, and serving regulated entities in each region it operates. The only point is International trading available via the offshore entity.
|AvaTrade Strong Points
|AvaTrade Weak Points
|Multiply regulated broker with a strong establishment
|Regulatory standards and protection vary based on the entity
|Regulated by top-tier authorities
|Carrying licenses on 5 continents
|Negative balance protection
How Are You Protected?
Based on our research, we found out that the set of regulatory requirements enables protection to the clients and includes:
- Funds segregation, i.e., all client funds are held separately from the firm funds with international banks under encryption.
- Security of the traders’ accounts with Investor Protection amount and Compensation Schemes in case the broker goes bankrupt, which is slightly different in each jurisdiction.
- As well as fully audited trading procedures that are strictly checked by the authority on a daily basis in addition to negative balance protection.
Leverage is a quite known instrument, which obviously increases the initial capital you trading with and can be a very useful tool to magnify your potential gains, but in case you use it smartly. However, always note that higher leverage can work in reverse too. We learned that at AvaTrade, leverage varies depending on your jurisdiction as well as the asset class you are trading.
- The maximum leverage level for European clients is 1:30
- Australian clients entitled for 1:30 due to recent updates
- International traders may use high leverage until 1:400
The risk level is defined by several factors, and of course, leverage dramatically increases your risk to lose money as well.
Based on our Expert research we found out that, AvaTrade as a regulated broker complies with slightly different trading conditions or regulatory obligations according to the set of rules established by the particular authority. This means that European traders or those clients that are registered with AvaTrade European entity will fall under ESMA regulation that recently limited Leverage.
We found out that AvaTrade offers a single Standard account, traders can specify a corporate account or Swap free Islamic account, and also a Demo account to test brokers’ environment. The broker offers a Retail account, which is basically the same as the standard one but is mainly for traders living in Europe.
A professional trader with relevant experience and proof may be entitled to a Professional account where additional benefits are offered. AvaTrade also offers a MAM account which is the perfect environment for money management and running multiple accounts. See some of our notes about AvaTrade accounts below:
|Fast account opening
|Account types and proposals may vary according to jurisdiction
|Low minimum deposit
|Leverage of more than 1:400 is not available
|Access to a wide range of financial instruments
|Numerous educational materials and advanced trading tools are available
How to Trade in AvaTrade?
Starting to trade with AvaTrade, you will first need to open an account and deposit funds. The process is simple and can be done entirely online. Once your account has been approved, you can then make a deposit using one of the many methods available. Based on our research we found out that AvaTrade offers a user-friendly platform with all the tools and resources you need to trade successfully.
How to Open AvaTrade Live Account?
Opening an account with AvaTrade is quite easy. You should follow the opening account or sign-in page and proceed with the guided steps:
- Select and Click on the AvaTrade Sign-In page. You may also sign up with an existing account on Facebook or Google.
- Enter the required personal data (Name, email, etc.)
- Verify your personal data. The broker may ask a residential proof, utility bill, etc.
- Complete the electronic quiz to confirm your selection of an account and your experience
- If applicable request an Islamic account opening
- Once your account is activated and proven, follow with the money deposit.
Based on our research we learned that AvaTrade offers more than 250 trading instruments on various platforms, including more than 60 currency pairs, FX Pairs, major Stock Indices, Cryptocurrencies, Commodities (such as gold, silver, sugar, and coffee), Bonds, Individual Shares, and ETFs.
- AvaTrade Markets Range Score is 8.5 out of 10 for wide trading instrument selection among Forex, Stocks, Commodities, Cryptos, and more.
Can I Trade Crypto with AvaTrade?
We found out that AvaTrade offers to work on the pairs with Bitcoin trading, Ethereum, Ripple, Dash, Litecoin, Monero, NEO, IOTA, Zcash, Qtum, and more. Cryptocurrency trade is supported by both MT4 Platform and AvaTradeGO and can be used with quite competitive spreads, no commission charges, leverage up to 20:1, and the ability to start trading with as little as $100.
We found out that all trading transactions performed on AvaTrade platforms are subject to trading charges that are consisting of Spreads and Overnight fees. AvaTrade fees are consistent with the CFD spread as the main fee or commissions if applicable, while total fees are defined by additional fees like conversion fees while you hold an account in a different base currency. And lastly inactivity or non-trading fees.
- AvaTrade Fees are ranked average with an overall rating of 8.2 out of 10 based on our testing and compared to over 500 other brokers. Fees might be different based on entity offering, see our findings of fees and pricing in the table below, however, AvaTrade overall fees are considered good.
Generally, AvaTrade spreads are average fees or even low spreads compared to similar proposals and broker’s competitors. However, always note fees are presented as an indication only and may widen to volatile conditions, especially Cryptocurrency spreads that depend on current market conditions.
AvaTrade does not charge any commissions, as all fees are built into a spread, like typical USD EUR 0.9 pips which is a difference between the bid and ask price.
- AvaTrade Spreads are ranked low with an overall rating of 8 out of 10 based on our testing comparison to other brokers. We found Forex spread much lower than the industry average of 0.9 pips for USD EUR, and spreads for other instruments are very attractive too.
|EUR USD Spread
|Crude Oil WTI Spread
|BTC USD Spread
Deposits and Withdrawals
The number of payment methods to fund the trading account will allow you to transfer funds quickly by the use of Visa/MasterCard, Skrill, PayPal, Neteller, Wire Transfers, Perfect Money, and Boleto Bancário.
Being able to access your funds, and fund your account with an initial deposit through a bank account with no complication is another core of options trading. And while choosing a broker you should consider that point too, so here there are also good options offered by AvaTrade.
- AvaTrade Funding Methods we ranked good with an overall rating of 8.5 out of 10. The minimum deposit is among average in the industry, yet fees are either none or very small also allowing to benefit from various account-based currencies, yet deposit options vary on each entity.
Here are some good and negative points for AvaTrade funding methods found:
|$100 is a first deposit amount
|Methods and fees vary in each entity
|No internal fees for deposits and withdrawals
|Fast digital deposits, including Skrill, Neteller, and Credit Cards
|Multiple Account Base Currencies
|Withdrawal requests confirmed within 24-48 hours
In terms of funding methods, AvaTrade offers numerous payment methods which are a very good plus, yet check according to its regulation whether the method is available or not.
AvaTrade Minimum deposit
AvaTrade minimum deposit by Credit Cards or Debit Cards is $250, or $500 by Bank wire transfer. Yet you may need to deposit an even smaller amount, starting from $100 which depends on your trading entity.
AvaTrade minimum deposit vs other brokers
|Most Other Brokers
AvaTrade does not charge any internal fees for deposits or withdrawals, and also includes a wide selection of payment methods. AvaTrade typically processes withdrawal requests within 24-48 hours. Also due to regulations and international transfer laws, it may take additional days to receive the payment. For instance, you may also check out and compare AvaTrade fees to Pepperstone.
How Withdraw Money from AvaTrade Step by Step:
- Login to your account
- Select Withdraw Funds’ in the menu tab
- Enter the withdrawn amount
- Choose the withdrawal method
- Complete the electronic request with necessary requirements
- Confirm withdrawal information and Submit
- Check the current status of withdrawal through your Dashboard
Based on our Expert research, we found out that AvaTrade offers a truly wide selection of platforms and trading tools, available through the Web, Desktop, and Mobile Apps.
- AvaTrade Platform is ranked Excellent with an overall rating of 8.5 out of 10 compared to over 500 other brokers. We mark it as excellent being one of the best proposals we saw in the industry, and a great range including MT4, and MT5, suitable for professional trading. Also, all are provided with good research and excellent tools.
Trading Platform Comparison to Other Brokers:
Web Trading Platform
As part of its commitment to empowering traders, AvaTrade caters to every type or level while each of its platforms provides an option to trade manually or automatically on a variety of financial instruments. Also, UK clients may request spread betting opportunities.
Based on our research we learned that WebTrader as an innovative platform is a great option for beginning traders and advanced traders, as it features an intuitive interface and great design simple to use or understand.
It is still an option to use at AvaTrade desktop Platform which is an industry-leading software very common, and very powerful, yet allows flexible trading with a full capacity of auto or robot trading. You also can switch to MT4/MT5 variable spreads that offer the trade with lower spreads, starting at 0.9 pips and derived directly from the market liquidity, or choose the fixed spread. Check the fixed spread brokers list.
- In addition, AvaTrade offers a few platforms to access auto trading which include DupliTrade, another successful social platform suited for MT4 floating spreads.
- We learned that the broker offers also ZuluTrade which is one of the most popular auto-trading software.
Mobile Trading Platform
We found out that the mobile app which AvaTrade absolutely proud of is AvaTradeGO, which is simple to use and offers a wide circle of tools at the same time. The App features a friendly dashboard with advanced tools and step-by-step guidance for trades opening, activity feedback, and support.
As well, the platform allows the management of multiple MT4 accounts or switches between demo, real and variable spreads accounts.
We learned that AvaTrade provides 24-hour live support available through live chat, email, and phone. In addition, customer services are available in more than 14 languages. Eventually, AvaTrade offers some of the greatest quality support with fast and reliable answers and a huge range of free-of-charge lines worldwide.
- Customer Support in AvaTrade is ranked Excellent with an overall rating of 9.3 out of 10 based on our testing. We got some of the fastest and most knowledgeable responses compared to other brokers, also quite easy to reach during the working days.
See our find and ranking on Customer Service Quality:
|Only Cryptocurrency trading is 24/7
|Supporting more than 14 languages
|Availability of Live Chat
Based on our Expert research, we learned that AvaTrade provides a rich collection of educational materials including articles, eBooks, and videos. The broker covers all aspects of trading for beginners and intermediate traders.
The education center constantly develops and features both Forex and CFDs trading information with live webinars, technical analysis, educational tools, and much more.
- AvaTrade Education ranked with an overall rating of 9 out of 10 based on our research. The broker provides very good quality educational materials, and excellent research also cooperates with market-leading providers of data.
AvaTrade Review Conclusion
Concluding the AvaTrade review, we admit a safe broker to trade with reliable trading solutions. AvaTrade provides expanded trading strategies and a certain way of dealing with markets and clients that gained a reliable and respected reputation.
We learned that AvaTrade’s flexibility in terms of platforms, currency pairs, and a number of provided solutions is another key advantage to its positive side. The broker offers competitive costs and excellent education material suitable for traders of different levels.
Based on Our findings and Financial Expert Opinions AvaTrade is Good for:
- Advanced traders
- Traders who prefer MT4/MT5 platforms
- Algorithmic or API traders
- Copy trading
- Currency and CFD trading
- Variety of trading strategies
- Scalping and hedging
- Good customer support
- Excellent educational and research materials