- Aetos Pros and Cons
- Is Aetos Safe or a Scam?
- Deposits and Withdrawals
- Trading Platforms
Our Review Method
- 55Brokers Financial Experts with over 10 years of experience in Forex Trading check all trading offerings, fees, and platforms, verified regulations, contacted customer service, and placed traders to see trading conditions and give expert opinions about AETOS.
What is Aetos?
AETOS is a global Forex and CFD provider offering traders access to a wide range of markets including Forex, indices, share CFDs, precious metals, and commodities.
Founded in 2007, AETOS Capital Group is a non-banking financial institution in Australia that provides trading services to clients from over 100 countries. The company offers its solutions via different subsidiaries regulated across several jurisdictions in Australia, the UK, Vanuatu, and the Cayman Islands.
Aetos Pros and Cons
Aetos is a well-regulated brokerage company with an easy account opening, a good range of funding methods, and a professional trading environment.
For the Cons, the company does not provide profound learning materials that are suitable for beginning traders. However, the free technical analysis covering all markets from leading investment research providers is the cornerstone of good trading strategies. Also, there is no 24/7 customer support.
|Competitive trading costs and spreads||Conditions may vary according to regulation and entity|
|FCA and ASIC licensed broker with a strong establishment||No 24/7 customer support|
|MT4 trading platform|
|Quality customer support|
Aetos Review Summary in 10 Points
|🗺️ Regulation||ASIC, FCA, VFSC, CIMA|
|🖥 Platforms||MT4, MT5|
|📉 Instruments||Forex, indices, share CFDs, precious metals, and commodities|
|💰 EUR/USD Spread||1.8 pips|
|🎮 Demo Account||Provided|
|💳 Minimum deposit||$50|
|💰 Base currencies||Several currencies offered|
|📚 Education||Included with research tools|
|☎ Customer Support||24/5|
Overall Aetos Ranking
Aetos is considered a reliable broker with safe and favorable trading conditions and transparency. The broker offers a range of trading services designed for all level traders. Aetos is available in many countries, so traders can sign in also with the competitive spreads.
- Aetos Overall Ranking is 8.5 out of 10 based on our testing and compared to over 500 brokers, see Our Ranking below compared to other industry Leading Brokers.
|Advantages||Trading Solutions||Trading Instruments||Spreads|
Aetos Alternative Brokers
Aetos offers good trading conditions, a range of trading instruments, also competitive trading spreads and fees. However, there are a number of other brokers that may offer similar services. Here are some of the best Aetos alternatives brokers:
Aetos has been awarded a few times by global investors for its reliable trading services and financial technology in the past few years.
Is Aetos Safe or Scam?
No, Aetos is not a scam. The broker is regulated by top-tier FCA (UK) and ASIC (Australia) providing low-risk Forex and CFD trading.
Is Aetos Legit?
Yes, Aetos is a legit and regulated broker in various jurisdictions.
AETOS Capital Group Pty. Ltd. is registered in Australia and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AETOS Capital Group Holdings Ltd. In addition, the UK entity AETOS Capital Group (UK) Limited is authorized and regulated by the respected authority FCA.
See our conclusion on Aetos Reliability:
- Our Ranked Aetos Trust Score is 9.2 out of 10 for good reputation and service over the years, also for reliable top-tier licenses. The only point is that regulatory standards and protection vary based on the entity, and two of the regulations are in the offshore zone.
|Aetos Strong Points||Aetos Weak Points|
|FCA and ASIC licenses and overseeing||Regulatory standards and protection vary based on the entity|
|Regulated broker with a strong establishment|
|Negative balance protection|
How Are You Protected?
Aetos broker abides by their regulations and their rules while the client’s funds are safe in segregated accounts with major banks away from the company’s own accounts.
Also, clients are eligible for claims through the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), which covers business conducted by firms authorized by the FCA. Aetos also provides its clients with negative balance protection to guarantee that they will never lose more than they have in their accounts.
Leverage is a quite known instrument, which multiplies the initial capital you trade and can be a very useful tool to magnify your potential gains, but in case you use it smartly.
Aetos is a regulated broker by two major jurisdictions, therefore Aetos Leverage is offered according to the FCA and ASIC regulations:
- UK traders are eligible to use low leverage up to 1:30 for Forex instruments.
- Australian traders also may use 1:30 for Forex instruments.
Aetos offers three account types to its clients: General Account, Advanced Account, and Demo Account. The accounts feature the same technical productivity as the Expert Advisor feature, which allows conducting automated trading, copy trading, and other customizations.
For Australian clients, the offering includes four account types: Standard, Premium, Demo, and Professional accounts.
The broker also provides MAM trading tool, which in its turn offers two accounts: Master Account and Investor Account.
|Low minimum deposit||Account types and proposals may vary according to jurisdiction|
|Fast account opening|
|Demo account is available|
|Hedging and scalping allowed|
How to Open Aetos Live Account?
Opening an account with Aetos is quite easy. You should follow the opening account or sign-up page and proceed with the guided steps:
- Select and Click on the “Sign up” page
- Enter the required personal data (Name, email, phone number, etc.)
- Verify your personal data by upload of documentation (residential proof, ID, etc.)
- Complete the electronic quiz confirming your trading experience
- Once your account is activated and proven, follow with the money deposit.
Aetos trading instruments include a range of Forex and CFD products such as metals, indices, Forex on 29 currency pairs, energy, index, and Share CFDs.
- Aetos Markets Range Score is 8.9 out of 10 for wide trading instrument selection among Forex, indices, metals, and more. However, the broker doesn’t offer cryptos, futures, bonds, etc.
Aetos trading fees are relatively low or average and are built into a variable spread. You should consider other non-trading fees like funding fees and inactivity fees, and also swap or rollover rates which are charged in case the position is open longer than a day.
- Aetos Fees are ranked average, low with an overall rating of 8 out of 10 based on our testing and compared to over 500 other brokers.
|Fees||Aetos Fees||CornerTrader Fees||Core Spreads Fees|
|Fee ranking||Low, Average||Average||Low|
Aetos spreads are quite competitive for the range of products as we found by our research. E.g. the average spread for EUR USD is 1.8 pips. The broker diversifies its features of different types of clients and meets their needs while including professional accounts, institutional with floating spreads, along numerous programs.
- Aetos Spreads are ranked average with an overall rating of 8.5 out of 10 based on our testing comparison to other brokers. We found Forex spread competitive, and spreads for other instruments are very attractive too.
|Asset/ Pair||Aetos Spread||CornerTrader Spread||Core Spreads Spread|
|EUR USD Spread||1.8 pips||0.2 pips||0.7 pips|
|Crude Oil WTI Spread||5||-||3 pips|
Deposits and Withdrawals
Aetos offers its clients the most common funding methods including wire transfers, Credit/Debit cards, and e-Wallets. You should log in to Aetos BizCentre and choose your preferred deposit method to fund your account at any time.
- Aetos Funding Methods we ranked good with an overall rating of 8.5 out of 10. The minimum deposit is among average in the industry, yet fees are either none or very small also allowing to benefit from various account-based currencies, yet deposit options vary on each entity.
Here are some good and negative points for Aetos funding methods found:
|Aetos Advantage||Aetos Disadvantage|
|$250 is a first deposit amount||Methods and fees vary in each entity|
|No internal fees for deposits and withdrawals|
|Multiple account base currencies|
|Fast digital deposits, including Credit/Debit Cards|
In terms of funding methods, Aetos offers the following payment methods:
- Credit/Debit cards
- Bank wire
- POLi (for AU clients)
Aetos Minimum Deposit
Aetos minimum deposit amount is $50, which is great for many reasons. The Premium Account requirement is $20,000 which features preferential spreads and tailored solutions for high-volume traders. Yet, make sure you read carefully about the necessary margins on a trading instrument you chose to trade.
Aetos minimum deposit vs other brokers
||Most Other Brokers
The majority of payment methods do not require a transaction fee, yet the Card payment will add on 3%. The Withdrawal may be processed through wire transfer only and under regular conditions costs $25 if there is no trading activity before the withdrawal request is submitted. However, the company does often subsidiary promotions which you may check with customer service.
Aetos provides an advanced trading platform MetaTrader 4, and the latest version of MetaTrader 5 available for UK traders.
MT4 and MT5 trading platforms are indeed among the most advanced and efficient trading platforms worldwide, providing a wide range of indicators and the ability to combine skills or analyze the market efficiently with the help of market quotes, chart analysis, prompted alarm, and newsletters.
Based on our finds, the technology team of the company developed a wide range of essential functions on its MT4 platform and website, along with mobile platforms, MT4 plug-ins, and API development.
- Aetos Platform is ranked good with an overall rating of 9 out of 10 compared to over 500 other brokers. We mark it as good since it offers popular MT4 and MT5 professional trading platforms to its clients.
Trading Platform Comparison to Other Brokers:
|Platforms||Aetos Platforms||CornerTrader Platforms||Core Spreads Platforms|
Aetos provides 24/5 expertise customer support with Live Chat, Email, Phone Lines, and Fax.
- Customer Support in Aetos is ranked good with an overall rating of 8 out of 10 based on our testing. We got fast and knowledgeable responses, also quite easy to reach during the working days.
See our find and ranking on Customer Service Quality:
|Availability of live chat, phone lines, and email||No 24/7 customer support|
Aetos provides comprehensive research and technical analysis via its Trading Central as a leading investment research provider, as well as Trading Charts with the constant update along with Market and Video Commentaries, an Economic Calendar, PAMM, and MAM trading tools, VPS, Copy Trading, and many other trading tools.
Based on our findings, there are also Educational Videos and Courses available.
- Aetos Education ranked with an overall rating of 8.9 out of 10 based on our research. The broker provides good quality educational materials, and excellent research also cooperates with market-leading providers of data.
Aetos Review Conclusion
Concluding Aetos review, we admit a reliable and safe broker with transparency, being regulated by two top-tier authorities. The broker offers competitive spreads and pricing which is a good opportunity for beginner traders too.
Aetos provides solutions not only to retail and professional traders but institutional clients as well, offering partnership programs like Introducing Broker (IB), and White Label.
Based on Our findings and Financial Expert Opinions Aetos is Good for:
- International traders
- Professional trading
- Australian traders
- Traders from UK
- CFD and currency trading
- Copy Trading
- STP/NDD execution
- Advanced traders
- Institutional trading
- Competitive spreads and pricing
- Good research and analysis