- VT Markets Pros and Cons
- Is VT Markets safe or a scam?
- Trading Instruments
- Account Types
- Deposits and Withdrawals
- Trading Platforms
Our Review Method
- 55Brokers financial experts with over 10 years’ experience in Forex examined the broker’s offerings including market instruments, spreads, fees, leverage, platform, verified licenses, and educational resources, and contacted get in touch with support to evaluate trading conditions and give expert opinions about VT Markets
What is VT Markets?
VT Markets is an Australia-based subsidiary of VT Markets LLC (VIG) and a popular Forex and CFD Broker that offers its client a wide range of products and gives you access to the most popular and liquid markets including forex, indices, energies, metals, soft commodities, and shares via CFDs. The broker offers easy and transparent market access and helps its clients pursue their financial goals.
- VT Markets is a subsidiary of Vantage, a major Australian investing and financial services provider.
Founded in 2015, VT markets has been adhering to the concept of “Innovation makes the difference” and has applied for advanced technical support in the retail FX market to provide clients with superior trading experience, including true ECN accounts with raw spreads, mobile trading/payments, and powerful client portal, etc.
VT Markets Pros and Cons
VT Markets is considered to be a reliable broker due to its regulation by top-tier ASIC. The Vantage Group itself is a popular and reputable entity with good trading technology, a range of instruments, and low variable spreads, as well as a leveraged trading opportunity. There is excellent variety between available platforms including MT4 and MT5, investment accounts also MAM accounts.
On the other hand, VT Markets has a limited portfolio for trading instruments that don’t include either cryptocurrency or ETFs trading as well as there are limited education tools. The minimum deposit for brokers is high compared to other market-leading brokers. The support is also 24/5.
|Multiply regulated broker with a strong establishment ||Support is not available 24/7|
|Good Reputation||Only Forex and CFDs
|Low Spreads||Conditions vary based on the entity|
|Competitive trading conditions||Demo Account valid for 90 days
|Negative Balance Protection|
|Choice between MT4, MT5, Mobile App and Proprietary platform|
|High Leverage Trading up to 1:500|
VT Markets Review Summary in 10 Points
|🗺️ Regulation||ASIC, CIMA, SVGFSA|
|🖥 Platforms||MT4, MT5, WebTrader|
|📉 Instruments||Currency pairs, Commodities, Indices, and Crypto|
|💰 EUR/USD Spread||1.2 pips|
|🎮 Demo Account||Provided|
|💳 Minimum deposit||$200|
|💰 Base currencies||Several currencies offered|
|📚 Education||Included with analysis and research|
|☎ Customer Support||24/5|
Overall VT Markets Ranking
Based on our research and expertise in Forex, we believe that VT Markets is a reliable broker with a good reputation and almost a decade of proper operation backed up by top-tier regulation and quality trading conditions. However, the broker does seem to have some flaws regarding support and limited trading instruments.
- VT Markets Overall Ranking is 8.8 out of 10 based on our research and compared to over 500 brokers. Have a look at our ranking of VT Markets as compared to other market-leading brokers:
|Advantages||Leverage||Currency Trade||Market Range|
VT Markets Alternative Brokers
Yet, despite the excellent trading conditions, our experts found out that the broker’s market range is not so wide and is mainly based on Forex and CFDs, and the minimum deposit is quite high. The broker also lacks quality educational resources driving beginners away. Here’s the list of some VT Markets alternative brokers:
- Dukascopy – Excellent for Shares, Futures Trading
- InteractiveBrokers – Good for US Trading and Trading of Real Stocks
- IG – Excellent Selection of Educational Materials
Among all the advantages, we want to note the fact that VT Markets has earned not only favorable reviews but has also gained lots of awards for its successful operation and quality technology. We observed the broker’s establishment throughout these years and can assure you that the broker has well-deserved its recognition. VT Markets have also garnered collective recognition from award-giving bodies in such industries:
- BEST AFFILIATE PROGRAM – UF Awards 2022
- FASTEST GROWING BROKER – Global Brands magazine 2021
- BEST MOBILE APP – International Business Magazine 2022
Is VT Markets safe or scam?
Yes, VT Markets is safe to trade, it is a broker with long years of operation and a good reputation for operation.
Is VT Markets legit?
Yes, it is. VT Markets is an established Australian broker Vantage Global Prime Pty Ltd that respectively complied operations according to the world-known regulation Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), learn more about why trade with ASIC Brokers by the link.
- In accordance with ASIC Regulatory Guides, the company provides Professional Indemnity Insurance in place which covers the work done by their representatives, employees, and authorized representatives. Also, clients’ funds are held in a segregated account with Australia’s AA-rated Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA).
Also, VT Markets serves an additional entity that serves global clients from its offshore branch based in the Cayman Islands. Of course, we never recommend trading with offshore brokers, however, since VT Markets also has reputable licenses from ASIC it means the broker is sharply regulated in terms of its operation.
Our conclusion on VT Markets Reliability:
- Our Ranked VT Markets Trust Score is 8.7 out of 10 for its good reputation and quality trading conditions for over a decade of operation. The broker is backed up by a top-tier regulator ensuring safe trade. The main point here is that the international operation is conducted through an offshore entity
|VT Markets Strong Points||VT Markets Weak Points|
|ASIC Regulated||Runs Offshore Entities in Cayman Islands and St. Vincent & the Grenadines|
|Negative Balance Proteciton |
|Good Reputation and Long Years of Operation|
Leverage is a quite known instrument, which obviously multiplies the initial capital you trading with and can be a very useful tool to magnify your potential gains, but in case you use it smartly. However, always note that high leverage can work in reverse too.
Due to multiple regulations from various jurisdictions, VT Markets broker falls under particular regulatory restrictions which may apply differences between the offered leverage. Therefore, trading through the global/offshore entities of VT Markets you may enjoy high leverage levels up to 1:500 for major currency pairs. For the Australian clients the leverage remains the broker allows the following:
- 30:1 for forex
- 20:1 for stock index CFDs
VT Markets Account types
VT Markets offers two account types with STP and ECN execution models accordingly available through MT4 or MT5 platforms. Along with some diversification between the proposal, some differences between the pricing model may take place as well, so be sure to check the most suitable one for your need.
|Fast digital account opening||High Minimum Deposit|
|Demo Account and Live Account|
|Low CFD fees|
|No Hidden Costs|
|Islamic Swap Account|
Islamic accounts or Swap-free are available at the broker too, to those who are following the Sharia rules and require specific trading conditions.
The marker range includes access to trading instruments, however, only CFDs and Forex. CFDs include Indices, Energy Soft Commodities, Precious Metals, and US and UK Share CFDs. Cryptocurrencies also can be traded in the same way as major currencies. Overall, the broker covers the most demanding markets to trade, however, popular asset classes like real stocks or ETFs are not available.
Broker’s leveraged share CFDs enable clients to trade both long and short in some of the biggest US companies from just $6 per trade. And, traders can take advantage of 33:1 leverage, which means they can get started with just a small initial margin.
- VT Markets Market Range ranking is 7.8 out of 10 for a good range of trading instruments, however, its main disadvantage is that they are traded mainly as Forex and CFDs, and the broker doesn’t provide trading of cryptocurrencies and ETFs
VT Markets Fees
Our experts found out that there are some specified conditions between VT Markets pricing that may occur in different account types, also consider funding fees and other fees like inactivity. The cost of trading at VT Markets varies depending on whether you choose the Raw ECN or the Standard STP account. Nevertheless, you are getting the most competitive trading fees in the market.
- VT Markets Fees are ranked low with an overall rating 8.1 out of 10 based on our testing and compared to over 500 other brokers. Fees might be different based on the account type and the jurisdiction, see our findings of fees and pricing in the table below
|Fees||VT Markets Fees||AvaTrade Fees||XM Fees|
VT Markets spread its level depending on the trading account you choose, while the Standard account has slightly higher spreads or the ECN account with a raw spread offering. Thus the STP account EUR/USD floating spread is averaged 1.2 and the ECN proposes only 0.0 for the same pair.
Also, VT Markets Standard STP Account boasts some of the tightest spreads across the Forex trading industry. All RAW ECN account holders at VT Markets will experience competitive spreads, and only $6 commissions per standard lot, per round. See a comparison of spread in the Standard account below, for instance also well compare fees to another popular broker BlackBull Markets.
- We ranked VT Markets Spreads 7.8 out of 10 based on our research and comparison to other brokers. We found that the broker’s spreads for EUR/USD are in line with the industry average
|Asset/ Pair||VT Markets Spread||BlackBull Markets Spread||XM Spread|
|EUR USD Spread||1.2 pips||0.9 pips||1.6 pips|
|Crude Oil WTI Spread||4 pips||6 pips||5 pips|
In addition, always consider rollover or swap rate as a trading cost, since the broker charges a small fee for the position being held longer than a day and is defined by the instrument. Moreover, there is an option for Muslim traders to trade through Swap-Free account, which is suitable for followers of belief and tailored according to the strictest rules.
VT Markets Deposits and Withdrawals
VT Markets clients have various options to fund a trading account in a number of ways including domestic bank transfers, international bank transfers, BPAY, Skrill, Neteller, Broker to Broker transfer, POLi, fasapay, and credit or debit card payments. VT Markets clients can also deposit with Bitcoin.
- VT Markets Funding Methods we ranked overall rating 8.8 out of 10. The broker offers a great variety of funding methods and fees are either nonexistent or very little. The main point is that the minimum deposit is a bit high
Here are some good and negative points for VT Markets funding methods found:
|VT Markets Advantage||VT Markets Disadvantage|
|Fast digital deposits||None|
|0$ deposits and free withdrawals|
|24-hour withdrawal processing|
VT Markets minimum deposit
The minimum deposit for VT Markets Standard account is 200$ as a start, which is a good option for beginner or regular-size traders.
VT Markets minimum deposit vs other brokers
||Most Other Brokers
Does VT Markets have no deposit bonus?
No, based on our research, our experts came to the conclusion that VT Markets doesn’t provide no deposit bonus.
Withdraw funds on VT Markets supporting various payment options and VT Markets does not charge internal fees for electronic deposits or withdrawals. Some additional methods may charge fees important to note with your payment provider in case any charges are waived for processing.
How long does Vt Markets withdrawal take?
Withdrawals are generally processed within 24 hours. Depending on the withdrawal method chosen, it can take between 1-7 business days for you to receive your funds.
VT Markets offers a choice between intuitive yet comprehensive software designed for traders of different sizes and combining simplicity for manipulation. All trading accounts are accessible across all devices and all offered platforms, as one of the main aims is to have fast and stable access to the trading account. This includes the enhanced MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, WebTrader, VT Markets App, and multiple mobile trading apps for iPhone and Android devices.
VT Markets offers its traders the official MetaTrader mobile apps, allowing you to trade anywhere, anytime. EAs are allowed for all styles of automated traders. For the ones who hold multiple accounts the integrated software tool Multi Account Manager (MAM) is a great and available solution, which lets the placing of large orders in bulk with speed and no limitation.
- VT Markets Platforms is ranked 8.2 out of 10 compared to over 500 other brokers. We mark it as excellent being one of the best proposals we saw in the industry, and a great range including MT4, MT5, and the proprietary VT MAkrtes App. Also, all were provided with excellent research tools.
Trading Platform Comparison to Other Brokers:
|Platforms||VT Markets Platforms ||Pepperstone Platforms ||XM Platforms |
The VT Markets MetaQuotes WebTrader intuitive design is identical to the MetaTrader desktop version and enables access to your trading account without the need for the platform to be downloaded or installed on your computer
We found out that VT Markets has also launched its proprietary VT Markets App with 230+ trading assets including FX, Commodities, Indices & US Shares backed up with market news and multilingual support.
In addition, VT Markets brings an opportunity to automate trading through ZuluTrade. Through the ZuluTrade social trading platform, clients of VT Markets will gain exclusive access to a vast pool of professional traders and profitable trading systems.
Our experts found out that VT Markets provides multiple support that increases the trading experience and makes it a smooth process. You can reach out customer team through live chat, email, or phone lines, also due to international coverage, there is multilingual support and centers that run 24/5.
- Customer Support in VT Markets is ranked an overall rating of 8 out of 10 based on our testing. We got fast and reliable responses compared to other brokers. On the flip side? there’s no 24/7 support
See our find and Ranking on Customer Service Quality:
|Quick responses and relevant answers ||No 24/7 customer support|
|Availability of Live Chat|
VT Markets Education
We found that VT Markets provides its clients with quite limited educational materials and tools which is, in our opinion, a major drawback. Its learning section includes Educational guides, MT4 guides, and Trading Central tools guides. There are also Daily Market Analyses and Daily Video updates available for the traders.
VT markets will support only good research tools that are inbuilt into the platforms and available for free use. Also, there is a Demo Account option so you can get some trading ideas as well.
- VT Markets Education ranked with an overall rating of 7.2 out of 10 based on our research and comparison with other brokers. The broker offers only a limited range of educational materials, hence beginner traders might need to search for alternatives
VT Markets Review Conclusion
Overall, our impression of VT Markets was positive. The broker continuously strives to ensure its service is better and quite competitive to anything else on the market proving its great advantages for you as a trader. Also, being an ECN broker, the company stands for strong integrity and great execution through its numerous liquidity providers and the Interbank Forex market. Backed up by top-tier ASIC regilation the broker provides trading with high leverage ensuring traders’ safety. Traders can make sure of safety since the broker provides negative balance protection. The main problem is the lack of proper educational materials to make it easier for beginner traders to learn to trade on the go.
Based on Our findings and Financial Expert Opinion VT Markets is Good for:
- Professional Traders
- EAs running
- Copy Trading
- Traders who prefer MT4 or MT5 platform
- Currency Trading and CFD Trading
- Suitable for a Variety of Trading Strategies
- MAM Trading
- High Leverage Trading