Mauritius Forex Brokers
Mauritius is a popular financial offshore zone attracting various firms that for one reason or another decided to escape from serious regulation or compliance to international service providing.
Mauritius Forex Trading Platform
Forex trading is legal in Mauritius, with platforms being overseen by one of the most renowned offshore regulatory bodies in the sector. When selecting a forex trading platform, ensure that its offerings are in compliance with the established regulatory guidelines.
- The Financial Services Commission (FSC) is the regulatory body responsible for non-banking financial services in Mauritius.
- Forex brokers must obtain regulation from the local governing body to operate, and fortunately, all our brokers included in this list are trustworthy
- While brokers in Mauritius are typically regulated offshore, it’s suggested not to select a broker solely based on this kind of regulation. Many leading brokers opt for this to cater to a global audience but also maintain top-tier regulations concurrently, such as those provided by BaFin, ASIC, and FCA, among others.
For further information on Forex Trading follow Wikipedia article link.
|Mauritius Trading Pros
|Mauritius Trading Cons
|Access to Global Market
|Lack of Comprehensive trading protection or compensations
|Possible frauds and scams
|Lower tax structure
|Limited local market
|Growing financial hub
Forex regulation in Mauritius
Forex brokers in Mauritius are regulated by the Financial Services Commission (FSC). It is a regulatory authority responsible for the regulation, supervision, and inspection of all financial services other than banking institutions and global business in Mauritius.
Read some of our notes regarding Mauritius regulation and guidelines for secure trade in Mauritius:
- Broker operating in Mauritius are required to obtain FSC license, however, these requirements are looser as compared to other reputable regulators.
- The capital requirement for acquiring Mauritius Forex license is around $25,000, which is clearly not a big amount to pay. This means brokers who don’t want to pay or don’t have higher capital will look for an offshore license.
- Loose regulations and minimal requirements open the door to dishonest brokers. In the case of financial investment or trading firms, the company should be a very respected entity, as the statistics show that the majority of non-authorized firms never recovered the sums of investors’ investments.
- Even though Mauritius brokers are regulated (offshore), traders should avoid the ones that only hold this type of regulation. A lot of respected brokers regulated with FCA or CySEC use their international entities to offer their services globally
- Since Mauritius regulatory framework is more lenient than in the EU it comes with benefits in the form of higher leverage up to 1:500 and bonus offers, however, keep in mind that this entity doesn’t offer negative balance protection on compensation scheme.
- if you are just starting out, we recommend choosing a top forex broker with great demo account to gain valuable experience, moreover, many reputable brokers offer educational resources to hone your trading skills (e.g. Trading 212)
For further information read Wikipedia about FSC Mauritius.
Top 5 Best Forex Brokers in Mauritius
Here are out Top 5 Regulated Forex Brokers that are regulated in Mauritius with additional top-tier licenses. These brokers come highly recommended for safe investment and are ranked based on specific criteria and their Trust Scores:
- HFM — Best Overall Broker in Mauritius 2024
- BDSwiss — Best Broker for Beginners in Mauritius 2024
- GO Markets — Best Broker for Beginners in Mauritius 2024
- FXTM — Lowest Spread Broker in Mauritius 2024
- JustMarkets — Best for Scalping and EA Trading 2024
Is Mauritius broker safe?
Since Mauritius is an offshore zone we do not recommend trading with solely Mauritius brokers, In case the trader prefers trading with an international entity it is better to choose a broker with additional licenses like FCA or ASIC and open an account under Mauritius entity.
Mauritius Forex Brokers List
Here’s our comprehensive list of forex brokers regulated in Mauritius that cater to international traders or accept Mauritius traders through other international entities. We advise opting for brokers that also possess other top-tier licenses:
No regulated broker available.