Global Market Index or GMI is one of the known online leveraged Forex trading providers, that was established in Shanghai and then due to expansion several representative offices were opened within China, also in Aukland and with the office in the financial hub – London.
The company profile is determined as a technology driven brokerage solutions with transparent pricing, cutting-edge systems, and multiple customer support. The product offering states a pure ECN, STP connection that brings a direct, light-fast connectivity to multiple top-tier liquidity providers with deep liquidity and tailor-made trading solutions. Moreover, the GMI’s multi-platform provides ultra low latency and FIX API connectivity, while the range of trading instruments including FX, Indices, CFDs for Crude Oils, Metals and Indices. Forex trading including vast of currency pairs that also contain some specials as FX Minors, while some of them are combinations of a popular Major FXs. Throughout the trading instruments offering client can gain a flexibility to trade by matching strategy for both long and short positions, with high investments potential and designed to suit different characteristics.
Apart from the retail traders offering, the GMI brings an advanced proprietary software that includes MT4 and MT5 bridges, tailored partnership programs for Institutional Trader, Introducing Brokers, Money Managers, White Label and APIs via FIX connectivity network.
The Professional services were established by GMI to support their clients in multiple ways, that includes the report management with the account and trading details, Trading Service, Customer Service through the established support lines, online or by emails, and the Member Area with integrated into MT4 features.
There are many awards were received by GMI that combines the achievements in technology, platforms, trading conditions and overall ratings.
Best Liquidity provider broker 2017
Best Trading Environment 2017
Best Trading Platform Provider 2016
Fastest Growing Broker 2016
Best EA Trading Platform 2016
Best Forex Broker 2016, 2014, 2012, 2011
Registrations and Licenses:
GMI Group of companies includes the firms that are registered in several jurisdictions while using the shortcut-trading name of Global Market Index Limited. GMIUK is a trading name of the Global Market Index that is based in London and authorized by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN: 677530). GMINZ is a trading name of the company registered in New Zealand, the GMIVN is a company registered in Vanuatu, and the GMI Limited holds registration in Hong Kong, while being the entity responsible for the processing of settlements as the agent of GMIVN.
While the company is regulated by one of the most reputable authority FCA, the traders can keep peace in their mind, since there is a full compliance in regards to the operations. Furthermore, the client’s funds are secured at all times, while kept in leading Banks segregated accounts.
Trading Platforms and Tools:
As the technology driven executions require a sophisticated tool, the GMI provides traders with a choice of 5 platforms. They are divided by connection type while STP supports GMI MT4 and GMI Alpine Trader platforms, and ECN connection performed via GMI ClearPro, GMI MTF, GMI Currenex.
– GMI MT4 allowing great stability and is the most popular retail world platform. In addition to its powerful chart features and enabled EA trading, the GMI enhanced it by VPS hosting and collocation configuration for smart order routing.
– GMI Alpine Trader is an intuitive interface platform with the ability to trade in fixed dollar amounts with OCO orders and server based trailing stops pip-by-pip. However, this platform is no available for GMIUK clients.
– GMI ClearPro is an institutional platform with VWAP (Value Weighted Average Pricing) that allows choosing order size, with the interbank daily settlement and one-click order reversal.
– GMI MTF is designed for the ECN venue for multiple asset classes and flexible connectivity, also enhanced by ultra-high order acceptance rate and low latency with no rejections.
– GMI Currenex is an automatic matchmaking system with a wide selection of order types, ESP quote system and deep liquidity pool. Yet, the platform is not available for GMIUK clients.
The trading accounts were designed through ultra customizable mode, while the client chose between flexible leverage and trade sized along with ultra-tight floating spreads and rapid connectivity to the market. There are 4 account types, while three of them are MT Account with providing STP connection, and the last one offering ECN bridging technology.
– The standard account is offering typical trading conditions, without complications through leverage up to 1:200 with minimum order distance of 2.4 and deposit to start 0f 2,000$
– Plus Account enables to the clients with the balance of 5,000$ while bringing better trading conditions.
– Pro Account requires 30,000$ to start, while costs are negotiable with 0 minimum order distance.
– ECN Account offered with no restrictions while minimum order size is 1,000 contracts that provide tech connectivity to interbank spreads. Yet, the account initial balance should exceed 100,000$.
Overall the Global Market Index GMI Review found out that the company is reputable, as well regulated firm, which serves offices in the world leading financial centers while offering transparent conditions through the technological connectivity. Yet, there are some Cons which are first of all lack of information on the website, no educational support along with a quite high deposit to start, which is 2,000$. However, what is pleasant at GMI is very diverse platforms offering, while bringing a solution to almost any demanding trader, beginner or the experienced one, institutional or retail. As well their systems and connectivity which gained numerous world awards. The account types are also widely presented, by the balance requirement of course along with tailored trading conditions.