- Windsor Pros and Cons
- Is Windsor safe or a scam?
- Deposits and Withdrawals
- Trading Platform
Our Review Method
- Our financial experts at 55Brokers with over 10 years of experience checked the broker’s full offering list including fees, spreads, instruments, platforms, and licenses. Also, we contacted customer support and eventually see conditions to give our expert opinion about Windsor Brokers
What is Windsor?
The company veteran Windsor Brokers was established back in 1988 and is one of the region’s longest-serving brokers. The overall progress along with their capital adequacy ratio of 56% is indeed much higher than the regulatory requirement and only truly confirms a secure trading environment.
Windsor Brokers offers its financial services to clients in over 80 countries, including Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, South Africa, Dubai, Kenya and Iran.
Windsor brokers Pros and Cons
Based on the research, our experts concluded that Windsor is a reliable broker with a good reputation, various account types and pricing built into commission or spreads, there are various platforms and professional education.
On the negative side, Windsor does not provide 24/7 support and Standard account spreads are higher than the industry average.
|Multiply regulated broker with a strong establishment ||Only Forex and CFDs
|Wide range of trading Global expansion including Australia, Asia, MENA, Africa regions and Europe ||No 24/7 support
|Competitive trading conditions |
|Numerous industry awards |
|Founded in Cyprus known for its great technology |
Windsor Brokers Review Summary in 10 Points
|🗺️ Regulation and License||CySEC, FSC, JSC, FSA, CMA|
|📉 Instruments||Cryptocurrencies, CFDs, Futures, Metals and Bonds|
|💰 EUR/USD Spread||1.5 pips|
|🎮 Demo Account||Provided|
|💰 Base currencies||AUD, USD, GBP, EUR|
|💳 Minimum deposit||$100|
|📚 Education||Educational support, as well with analytical data center|
|☎ Customer Support||24/5|
Overall Windsor Ranking
Based on our Expert finds and reviews Windsor is considered a good broker with reliable service and very favourable trading conditions. One of the prevailing advantages is that the broker has global coverage expanding its services across the globe.
- Windsor Overall Ranking is 8.3 out of 10 based on our testing and compared to over 500 brokers, see Our Ranking below compared to other industry Leading Brokers.
|Ranking ||Windsor||Interactive Brokers||XM|
Windsor Alternative Brokers
Windsor offers quite a wide range variety of trading instruments mainly based on Forex and CFDs. Yet the broker doesn’t offer a low minimum deposit meaning that traders need to deposit at least $100. Another drawback is that broker’s support is not 24/7. See some of the alternative Windsor brokers:
The variety of awards Windsor has received over the years proves that the broker has provided good conditions over the past years. We also saw a great development of Windsor for a long time, before the broker mainly operated in Europe and now is one of the truly global brokers with great coverage of regions. Here are some of the awards Windsor has been given:
Is Windsor safe or scam?
No, Windsor is not a scam. Windsor Brokers established its services through two main registrations in order to cover global operations while offering a slightly different product according to the regulatory requirement in each jurisdiction.
See our conclusion on Windsor’s Reliability:
- Our Ranked Windsor Trust Score is 8.4 out 0f 10 for good reputation and service over the years. The broker is backed up by a range of top-tier licenses and offers a compensation scheme in case of money loss. The only point is that the condition may vary from one jurisdiction to another
|Windsor Strong Point||Windsor Weak Point|
|Multiply regulated broker with a strong establishment ||Regulatory standards and protection vary based on the entity
|Multiple licenses in various regions |
|Global expands including Asia, MENA, African regions |
|Negative Balance protection |
Is Windsor Brokers regulated?
Windsor Brokers is licensed and regulated by the Financial Services Commission (“FSC”) of Belize, which is an offshore zone. Yet, Windsor Brokers Ltd is licensed and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission, as well as EEA-authorized and MiFID compliant to deliver trading solutions within Europe. In addition, Windsor is registered to provide legal trading services in Jordan opening opportunities for Muslim Traders to engage in Forex with Islamic Accounts (See the swap-free forex brokers list).
While we never recommend trading with offshore or non-licensed brokers, since their registration offshore is very poor and therefore risky, additional regulation from other reputable authorities changes the status to a safe one. As simply it means that the broker puts significant effort to comply with regulations while all necessary ways of protection are submitted and followed.
The client’s money is always held in segregated accounts, in top-tier banks, along with data protection and a secure trading environment. In addition, read more info about TriumphFX broker which is also a CySEC-regulated broker.
While trading with Windsor Brokers you are able to operate with powerful tool leverage, which may increase potential gains through its possibility to multiple initial balances. Yet, learn how to use leverage correctly, as leverage may increase your potential losses as well.
- Windsor offers both high leverage levels like 1:200, 1:400 or 1:500 for professional proved traders or retailers that trade with a global entity of Windsor.
- Or, a lower level of maximum 1:30 for European residents since CySEC along with ESMA restricts usage of high leverage.
There is a choice between two account types, that are divided according to the platforms and the trading size you will operate. What is also great, accounts feature negative balance protection, multilingual customer support and other educational benefits that bring you numerous benefits to the process.
|Fast digital account opening ||Account types and proposal may vary according to jurisdiction
|Low CFD fees |
|No Hidden costs |
The Prime Account type will be an excellent option for beginning or middle-size traders, while the Zero account is great for professionals or active traders as features better tight spreads.
The company mission at the beginning and until now has been facilitating investors’ access to the global markets with a range of trading instruments including over 600,000 financial assets Forex, including Cryptocurrencies, CFDs, Futures, Metals and Bonds.
- Windsor Markets Range Score is 8.6 out 0f 10 for good trading instrument selection, yet the only gap that the broker offers is mainly CFDs and Forex Instruments, and the availability of certain assets depends on the entity you are registered in
Together with the extreme market conditions protection provided by its own risk management systems all trading experience is provided by adequate tools, focus on transparent trading practices, capital reserves and countless protection.
Fees are different depending on the account type you use and are either built into a spread or commission charge. See the fee table below.
- Windsor Fees are ranked average, low with an overall rating of 7.9 out of 10 based on our testing and compared to over 500 other brokers. Fees are different based on the entity.
|Fees||Windsor Brokers fee||City Index Fee||Orbex Fee|
Windsor spreads are presented by the account type you trade with, as an example, you may refer to the table below for averaged spread offering, which is starting from 0 pip spread on Zero Account and is higher on Prime account about 1.5 for EUR/USD.
- Windsor Spreads are ranked low with an overall rating 7.2 out of 10 based on our testing comparison to other brokers. We found Forex spread higher than the industry average of 1.5 pips for EURUSD, other spreads, however, are much more favorable
|Asset||Windsor Brokers Spread||City Index Spread||Orbex Spread|
|EUR USD Spread||1.5 pip||0.4 pips||0.8 pips|
|WTI Crude Oil Spread||5||3||4|
|Gold Spread ||40||20||25|
Deposit and Withdrawal Methods
In order to establish live trading you obviously should deposit funds, which can be a smooth process with no complications due no to the numerous offered methods.
- Windsor Funding Methods we ranked Excellent with an overall rating 7.9 out of 10. Fees are either none or very small also allowing to benefit from various account-based currencies, yet deposit options vary on each entity
Here are some good and negative points for Windsor funding methods found:
|Windsor Advantages||Windsor Disadvantages|
|Fast digital deposits, including Neteller, and Credit Cards ||Methods and fees vary in each entity
|100$ is a first deposit |
|0$ deposits and free withdrawals |
What is the minimum deposit at Windsor Brokers?
Windsor’s minimum deposit amount is 100$ for Prime Account, while a Zero account should maintain 2,500$ in order to access better trading conditions and lower spreads.
Windsor minimum deposit vs other brokers
||Most Other Brokers
How do I withdraw from Windsor Brokers?
Withdrawal Options and deposit methods include Card payments and Skrill, Neteller with processing with a 3% fee, WebMoney will include 0.8%, while Bank transfers may occur with different fees according to the institution and your region.
Windsor chooses the industry-leading platform as their powerful execution software to the markets, known as MT4 is an ideal choice for traders of any level through its charting functions and number of indicators for any strategy. As well as the algorithmic trading functions that have made the platform user-friendly and one of the most dynamic systems.
The multi-device functionality enables trade via desktop, WebTrader and Mobile/ Tablet applications.
- Windsor Platform is ranked Excellent with an overall rating 7.4 out of 10 compared to over 500 other brokers. We mark it as excellent being one of the best proposals we saw in the industry offering MT4
|Own Platform ||No||Yes||No|
|Mobile Apps ||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Moreover, another available platform is a rich AMO platform designed with multi-feature and suitable for Desktop, Web or Mobile use. Multiple products are reachable from one account with advanced Algos and trading tools, in-depth news access and technical analysis, sophisticated risk analysis tools and total customization with spreads from 0 pips.
The mobile version is an extremely powerful tool also, with almost the same functionality as the computer versions along with price alerts notifications and streaming quotes.
Windsor Customer Support
Our testing showed that Windsor offers dedicated multilingual customer service, and provides relevant answers. Livechat, email, and phone communication are also available to help traders with whatever they need.
- Customer Support in Windsor is ranked Excellent with an overall rating of 8.9 out of 10 based on our testing. We got some of the fastest and most knowledgeable responses compared to other brokers, also quite easy to reach during both working days and weekends.
See our find and ranking on Customer Service Quality:
|Quick responses and relevant answers ||No 24/7 support|
|Supporting numerous languages |
|Availability of Live Chat |
Meanwhile, the company also pays great attention to the knowledge of its traders. Thus educational support, as well as the analytical data center is remaining on hand while providing ranged solutions to the trader of any level.
Overall, over the years of operations, the Windsor Brokers have received numerous success awards that are provided by their unparalleled services and developments and are rewarded by the number of clients their serve and their excellent reputation in the industry.
- Windsor Education ranked 8.2 out of 10 based on our research and comparison to other brokers. The broker provides decent educational resources for traders of different levels. As well as quality analytical tools
Windsor Review Conclusion
Overall, our experts consider Windsor Brokers remain one of the oldest brokerage companies. All that was achieved by the seamless trading offering along with the established smooth trading operational process. With competitive access to the market, technical improvements and provided solutions, the broker offer not only a popular MT4 platform but also a sophisticated AMO platform. Customer support also stands at a high level, yet check where exactly you should refer to.
Based on Our findings and Financial Expert Opinion Windsor is Good for:
- Professional Traders
- EAs running
- Traders who prefer the MT4 platform
- Currency Trading and CFD Trading
- Suitable for a Variety of Trading Strategies