- Libertex Pros and Cons
- Is Libertex safe or a scam?
- Trading Fees
- Deposits and Withdrawals
- Trading Platform
Our Review Method
- Our 55Brokers Financial Experts with over 10 years of experience in the Forex market have reviewed the broker’s trading offerings including fees, platforms, and verified regulations. Also, contacted customer service and placed trades to evaluate trading conditions and give expert opinion about Libertex
What is Libertex?
Libertex is an international brokerage company with its base in Cyprus offering professional experience with the main focus on Forex and CFD trading to a handful of customers from 110 countries worldwide since 1997. The broker offers 213 tradable assets available on a reliable, award-winning platform performed by high-speed execution of orders, processed through market execution.
Based on our research, Libertex stands out by its cutting-edge user-friendly technology backed up with high-quality technical equipment offering traders an exceptional trading environment that caters to their trading needs. Libertex strives to provide its clients with the best conditions for trading with good technology and the best offerings making itself the best choice for traders.
Libertex Pros and Cons
Our experts find Libertex is a broker with flexible trading conditions offering a decent variety of platforms, and pricing built into a commission charge. As one of the main advantages is that the broker doesn’t have spreads, and charges small commissions on trades calculated in accordance with market conditions and percentage of trades.
On the negative side, education is insufficient hence may be suitable for professional traders only, the market range is limited to CFDs and FX, and support is not available on weekends. On top of that, the broker doesn’t provide Islamic accounts hence the broker is not suitable for those who want to trade in accordance with Sharia Laws.
Libertex Review Summary in 10 Points
|Forex currency pairs, stocks, metals, indices, commodities and Cryptocurrencies
|Libertex WebTrader, MT4
|💰 EUR/USD Spread
|0.011% from open position
|🎮 Demo Account
|💰 Base currencies
|GBP, USD, EUR
|💳 Minimum deposit
|Learning materials, which covers trading basics with the beginning course and advanced programs
|☎ Customer Support
Overall Libertex Ranking
Overall, our impression of Libertex was mostly positive, the broker is reliable with a good reputation and competitive trading conditions offering excellent trading experience, and is mostly suitable for professionals. The biggest advantage is that the broker doesn’t have spreads and has few commissions on trades.
- Libertex Overall Ranking is 7.9 out of 10 based on our testing and compared to over 500 brokers, see Our Ranking below compared to other industry Leading Brokers.
Libertex Alternative Brokers
Nevertheless, Libertex has not a very wide range of markets being limited to only FX and CFDs, also the broker doesn’t offer Islamic or Swap Free accounts which is another major drawback. Also, the broker has a very poor educational section making it not suitable for beginner traders. So it is recommended to have a look at some of the alternative brokers:
- XM – Good Selection of Educational Materials
- HFM – Good Broker with Islamic Account Offer
- Interactive Broker – Excellent Broker for Stock Trading
Is Libertex safe or scam?
No, Libertex is not a scam is a brand name that is used by Indication Investment Ltd, a Cyprus established Investment Firm, which is regulated and supervised by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) and is considered a low-risk forex broker.
This requires numerous operational standards, substantial capital maintenance that proves liability, customer protection procedures, and membership in the Investor Compensation Fund. Thus, the client who invests or trades with Libertex or a licensed company is assured by the authority about strict compliance with the procedures in reverse creating peace in your mind.
- The regulatory status is indeed the most important thing to check while choosing a broker, as a serious authority requirement establishes a set of rules that are governed by the MiFID in the case of Libertex. This means that the EU authority supervises the financial markets and investment services firms, their compliance and reliability within the zone, and enables them to provide services to all EEA (European Economic Area).
See our conclusion on Libertex Reliability:
- Our Ranked Libertex Trust Score is 8.9 out 0f 10 for good reputation and quality service provided over these years, also we want to highlight that the broker holds a license from a reputable financial regulator enduring a safe trade
|Libertex Strong Points
|Libertex Weak Points
|Regulated by CySEC
|Negative Balance protection
|Good reputation and long years of activity
|Global Coverage including Asia, the MENA, and Africa
Is Libertex available in USA?
No, Libertex is not available in the USA, US traders are not able to access Libertex trading since it is not regulated by major regulatory bodies like NFA or CFTC.
Leverage is a financial technique allowing traders to borrow a larger amount of money from the broker with the aim to magnify their initial balance. Leverage is indeed a great option, yet the probability of profits or losses increases in parallel, which makes it essential to learn how to use leverage smartly.
Libertex leverage levels as usual determined by the regulatory restrictions, as are set by the European MiFID, therefore is limited:
- the maximum leverage level is set to 1:30 for major currencies, 1:20 for minor currencies, and 1:5 for Cryptocurrencies.
- International Traders can access high leverage ratios
The misuse of leverage can lead to serious consequences, so it is of utmost importance to educate yourself in terms of using leverage and never use it with a hands-off approach.
Libertex Account types
Libertex account types are not so many, in fact, it only offers one account type to retail traders with the simple opening process that firstly will lead to the Demo account opening, while further you can fund the account and transfer it to live to trade. The account is named Libertex, which gives you the opportunity to choose a platform either a proprietary one or mainstay at popular MT4.
- Additionally, Libertex designed a special account for professional traders that features absolutely tailored solutions and custom designs.
|Fast and fully digital account opening
|Few account types
|Demo Account available
|Different conditions and proposals between regular and professional account
|Low initial deposit
|No Islamic Account
|One Simple Account type with an additional professional account
According to our investigation, the Libertex trading instrument range includes Forex currency pairs, stocks, metals, indices, and commodities. Moreover, Libertex enables clients to trade Cryptocurrencies that are widely presented to their benefit through the range of popular or even less common pairs like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Monero, Dash, Stellar, Zcash, EOS, NEO, and many more.
Actually, during its years of operations, Libertex has won around 30 international awards from various reputable organizations and institutions for its quality services and specifically for Cryptocurrency trading solutions.
- Libertex Markets Range Score is 8.4 out 0f 10 for wide trading instrument selection, however, the range is limited to CFDs and FX without the opportunity to exchange-trade real assets.
Libertex offers costs through the 0 spreads at all times, with the service cost calculated as a trading commission through a specified percentage according to your opened position. Therefore, you will open a trade and know exactly how much you will pay, indeed a great feature for a trader of any style or experience. Also, the broker charges a flat fee on account inactivity after a certain period of time.
Also, always consider rollover or overnight fee as a cost, which is charged on the positions held longer than a day and determined by the particular instrument. An example of swaps may also see in the table above.
- Libertex Fees are ranked low with an overall rating of 8.1 out of 10 based on our testing and compared to over 500 other brokers. Fees and commissions might be different based on entity offering, see our findings of fees and pricing in the table below
|City Index Fees
|Commission based fee
There are no spreads from Libertex, you will pay a commission charge, check below a commission percentage on some popular pairs below, as well you may compare fees to another popular broker Pepperstone.
- Libertex Spreads are ranked low with an overall rating of 9 out of 10 based on our testing comparison to other brokers. Our research showed that the broker charges 0 spreads on all assets, however, charges trading commissions based on the positions traders take
Libertex funding methods offer a selection of the preferred payment options that are available through the client’s menu within the Trading Platform. Currently, there are numerous possibilities to use either
- Bank Transfer,
- e-wallets like Skrill, Sofort, Ideal, Trusty, P24, and Neteller.
However, important to note that you should check with customer service about your applicable option, as some jurisdictions may be entitled to some particular payment method.
- Libertex Funding Methods we ranked Excellent with an overall rating of 8 out of 10. The broker requires quite a low minimum deposit with low fees and commissions whatsoever, the
Here are some good and negative points for Libertex funding methods found:
|Fast Digital Deposit via credit/debit cards, bank transfers, and other popular e-payment methods
|Might charge withdrawal fees on some transaction methods
|Low Minimum Deposit
|Free Deposit and Withdrawal processes
|Withdrawal requests confirmed within 14 hours
Libertex Minimum deposit
Libertex minimum deposit is $10 as a start to open a real trading account. As mentioned Libertex offers only one account type for retail traders and professionals may submit accounts only by confirming their status and thus will access absolutely tailored trading conditions.
Libertex minimum deposit vs other brokers
|Most Other Brokers
Libertex does not charge any commission for deposits from their side, yet make sure with the payment provider in case any other internal fees are applied. Also, Libertex may add on a withdrawal fee, which varies by the payment method, while Skrill is Free of Charge, 1% is added for Neteller transfers or 0.5% for International bank transfers.
Libertex withdrawal methods are slightly different while delivering funds either through Bank Transfer, Skrill, Visa card, or Neteller.
How to withdraw money from Libertex?
Libertex withdrawal process is as simple as that, all you need to do is to find the withdrawing section within your trading account, choose the withdrawing option, enter the requested details and confirm the process.
How long does it take to withdraw money from Libertex?
Typically, the withdrawal requests are processed by Libertex’s finance department within one business day, yet there are cases when there is a need to check additionally the client’s request due to compliance and security reasons.
ibertex trading platform range offers a trading environment through an industry-standard MT4 platform, as well as a Libertex proprietary platform. The platforms are simple-to-use with user-friendly interfaces, however, with a deep market analysis that helps to make better decisions.
Libertex is a proprietary designed cross-platform that allows accessing trading from any device, as the platform is web-based also enhanced with a news feed and support from the third-company provider Trading Central. Generally, the platform is a perfect choice for both, novice and professional traders as it includes all necessary tools and functions along with highly customizable capabilities.
- Libertex Platforms are ranked Excellent with an overall rating of 8.7 out of 10 compared to over 500 other brokers. The broker has a great offering including MT4 and a sophisticated user-friendly proprietary platform suited for technical analysis
Trading Platform Comparison to Other Brokers:
Libertex has also designed a mobile trading platform that is one of the best software for effective trading with different financial assets directly from the phone through comprehensive charts and numerous trading tools. Also, in case you prefer to use market-proven software MetaTrader4 you still have this option with Libertex.
What we would like to highlight as well is the Libertex customer support available 24/5 in a handful of languages and providing multichannel support through email and international calls.
The Libertex customer service team, which counts over 700 employees is able to provide the utmost level of support at ease and convenience which proves its efficiency for the last 20 years to their millions of clients from numerous countries.
- Customer Support in Libertex is ranked with an overall rating of 7.8 out of 10 based on our testing. We got some of the fastest and most knowledgeable responses compared to other brokers, however, the support can’t be reached during weekends, also the broker lacks a live chat feature
See our find and Ranking on Customer Service Quality:
|Quick and relevant response
|No 24/7 support
|Doesn't support Live Chat
Beginners can find some educational materials in the form of courses, however, overall the educational section is poor and covers only basic trading information. We highly recommend traders use third-party education providers to enhance their trading skills. Also, the broker offers a demo account to practice skills and knowledge.
- We rated Libertex Education low with an overall ranking score of 5 out of 10 based on our research in comparison to other brokers in the industry. The broker provides only some basic courses on the forex market with limited resources provided, as well as a demo account
Libertex Review Conclusion
Overall, we find Libertex a trustable company with more than 20 years of operations, with advanced offerings through a variety of trading instruments and through the proprietary platform developed with trading convenience. The trading costs are calculated smartly based not on the spreads but according to the market condition and your particular trade as a percentage, so you are not paying extra spread or additional charges that are hard to be calculated.
Based on Our findings and Financial Expert Opinion Libertex is Good for:
- Professional Traders
- Advanced Traders
- Commission Based Trading
- Copy Trading
- Scalping / Hedging Startegies
- Traders who prefer MT4 platform
- Cryptocurrency CFD Trading
- Currency Trading and CFD Trading
- MAM Trading
- Stock CFD Trading
- Suitable for a Variety of Trading Strategies