- What is LegacyFX?
- Is LegacyFX safe or a scam?
- Market Instruments
- Trading Fees
- Deposits and Withdrawals
- Trading Platform
- Customer Support
Our Review Method
- 55Brokers Financial Experts with over 10 years experience in Forex Trading check trading offering, fees, platforms, verified regulations, contacted customer service and placed trades to see trading conditions and give expert opinion about LegacyFX
What is LegacyFX?
LegacyFX is a multi-asset trading specialist and Trading Broker operating internationally providing brokerage services for forex and CFD trading on gold, oil, cryptocurrencies, indices, and major stocks, internationally for traders worldwide since 2017.
LegacyFX is GDPR compiled and fully regulated by CySEC, FCA and BaFin, with the main objective to enhance financial transparency and offer greater client protection. Its trading conditions are among the tightest spreads in the market, starting from only 0.6 pips.
- The broker offers more than 200 trading instruments. While LegacyFX provides its clients with the MetaTrader 5. Legacy FX gives the keys to access the forex market 24 hours a day, 5 days a week, allowing users to trade the most popular major, minor and exotic currency pairs.
Legacy Pros and Cons
Based on our expert opinion, Legacy is a reliable broker with good regulation. The broker offers good trading conditions with a wide range of instruments. For full protection of investment, being regulated by top-tier regulators, LegacyFX operates negative balance protection along with complete segregation of client funds from the company’s assets, Mainstay on customer popular MT5.
On the other hand, there is no 24/7 support and conditions may vary according to entity rules and conditions vary according to brokers’ regulations. Also, the market offering is limited to FX and CFDs.
|Broker with good record and establishment under European laws||Conditions vary according to brokers’ regulation|
|Accounts have negative balance protection and segregated from company assets||High minimum deposit|
|Mainstay on customer popular MT5|
|Swap-free account available for all clients|
LegacyFX Revie Summary in 10 Points
|🗺️ Regulation||CySEC, FCA, BaFin, VFSC, NBRB|
|📉 Instruments||Shares, Indices, Forex, Commodities and Cryptocurrencies and CFDs|
|💰 EUR/USD Spread||0.6 pips|
|🎮 Demo Account||Included|
|💰 Base currencies||Several currencies offered|
|💳 Minimum deposit||$500|
|📚 Education||Video lessons, Trading platform guiding tutorials, Courses, eBooks|
|☎ Customer Support||24/5|
Overall LegacyFX Ranking
Based on our expertise and research, LegacyFX is a reliable broker with a good reputation, quality service, and good trading conditions suited for both beginners and experts. As one of the good advantages, the broker offers low spreads on almost all trading instruments with the lowest spreads for FX pairs starting from 0.6 pips.
- LegacyFX Overall Ranking is 8.3 out of 10 based on our testing and compared to over 500 brokers, see Our Ranking below compared to other industry Leading Brokers.
|Ranking||LegacyFX||XM ||FP Markets|
|Advantage||Low Spreads||Low Deposit||Good Conditions|
LegacyFX Alternative Brokers
However, LegacyFX instrument offering is mainly limited to Forex and CFDs, also different entities provide different trading conditions and ranges. The minimum deposit requirement is quite high compared to other brokers, so it is good to check on alternative brokers as well:
Since its inception, LegacyFX has strived to build the best trading environment ensuring clients’ safety hence it was recognized by numerous awards for its strives, which the broker received regularly along with the great reviews from traders themselves. Among the most notable awards are:
Is LegacyFX safe or scam?
No, LegacyFX is not a scam but a regulated broker. When it comes to online trading, security is paramount to understanding that your capital is secured and protected by the law and regulations.
See our conclusion on LegacyFX Reliability:
- Our Ranked LegacyFX Trust Score is 8.9 out 0f 10 for good reputation and service over the years, also reliable license and serving regulated entities in each region it operates. The only point is International trading available via the offshore entity.
|LegacyFX Strong Points||LegacyFX Weak Points|
|Regulated by several authorities CySEC, FCA, and BaFin||International proposal performed with offshore entity|
|Negative Balance Protection
|Global expands including Asia, MENA, Africa regions |
Is LegacyFX legit?
LegacyFX is a brand name of the A.N All New Investment Limited that is authorized and regulated by the CySEC a regulatory authority for Investment Services firms in Cyprus, along with cross-border licenses due to its European position, authorizing the company to provide investment services within the EEA zone.
In simple words, it means the broker fully establishes its business according to necessary laws and principles of operation, eventually dedicated to protecting clients and enabling market integrity.
- Nevertheless, an international proposal running through an additional license in Vanuatu, or AN ALL NEW INVESTMENTS (VA) Limited under the domain https://int.legacyfx.com. The trading conditions here are different and applicable to other laws and regulations. It was always quite risky to trade with offshore zones and we should definitely mention that trading with AN ALL-NEW INVESTMENTS (VA) Limited subsidiary is not safe.
- However, we always recommend checking on the regulation carefully and never signing in with an only offshore registered broker (read more about why avoid trading with offshore brokers).
How are you protected?
Since the LegacyFX license means its compliance with all the strict regulatory requirements, the trader’s investment is considered to be safe, as the broker completely segregated funds from the operational funds of the LegacyFX while keeping in leading and reputable EU banks.
- Also, CySEC regulatory standards are fully aligned with the European MiFID directive that also enables LegacyFX to offer its service within the EEA zone and beyond. The stated objective of MiFID is to participate in building a more integrated, deeper, and more effective generating growth capital market while strengthening the protection of investors. However, this type of regulation does not let LegacyFX offer its services where the broker is NOT regulated.
Is LegacyFX regulated in South Africa?
Although the broker is not regulated by the local regulator, traders from South Africa can still register under the broker’s international entities and get exposure to the broker’s proposal.
Leverage, known as a loan given by the broker to the trader enables you to trade through the multiplied volume that may raise your potential gains, yet in reverse increases high risks too. So firstly you should learn how to use tools smartly, also various regulatory standards and restrictions set a particular allowed level of leverage that is considered to be safe.
LegacyFX Reviews shows that brokers’ leverage ratios are set to a standard level allowed for European traders since ESMA significantly restricts the use of leverage for retail traders. Therefore, the maximum level is set to:
- 1:30 for major currency pairs
- The global LegacyFX traders may be still entitled to a higher range of up to 1:200
And of course, always learn how to use leverage smartly in order not to fall under inefficient risks.
LegacyFX offers several account types designed – Standard, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Bronze, Gold, and Premium. All accounts feature the same competitive trading conditions and available services, while higher-grade accounts will add extra benefits.
- The Silver account is available with a minimum deposit of $3 000, with the smallest spread of 1.6 pips. This is reduced to 1.0 pips in the Gold account for a deposit of $5,000.
Each of the account types brings a particular possibility for your trading strategy while allowing beginning traders, investors, or professionals to find their own way in trading.
|Fast digital account opening||Account types and proposal may vary according to jurisdiction|
The LegacyFX Islamic account adheres to the principles of Islamic law regarding banking activity and Riba (interest). It is an interest-free or swap-free account type, for those who, for religious reasons cannot trade on interest/swap-incurring accounts. However, account holders will still enjoy all of the benefits of all the Account Types offered by LegacyFX, their same spreads, and the same trading conditions.
LegacyFX demo accounts allow clients to try out the broker’s services, and platforms and to practice trading strategies risk-free by using virtual funds.
Based on our research, LegacyFX provides access to seamless trading through the great range of 200+ underlying assets, while you may choose from leading Shares, Indices, Forex, Commodities Cryptocurrencies, and CFDs.
Therefore, with access to the most liquid and popular markets, you may choose the desired and most understanding instrument according to your trading need and use BDSwiss user-friendly portal to benefit from trading.
- LegacyFX Markets Range Score is 8 out 0f 10 for wide trading instrument selection, yet the only gap different entities offer different conditions but mainly CFDs and Forex Instruments
LegacyFX offers some of the lowest spreads and commission-free trading, no rollover fees on long-term positions, negative balance protection, and client funds are separate from LegacyFX’s funds.
Swap Free on all LegacyFX Account Types (Silver, Gold, Platinum). LegacyFX charges no swaps on long-term positions, providing ideal conditions for long-term trading and investment. For full protection of investment, LegacyFX operates negative balance protection along with complete segregation of client funds from the company’s assets.
- LegacyFX Fees are ranked low with an overall rating of 8.4 out of 10 based on our testing and compared to over 500 other brokers. Fees might be different based on entity offering, see our finds of fees and pricing in the table below
|Fees ||LegacyFX Fees||Pepperstone Fees||XM Fees|
Based on our finds, LegacyFX offers some of the lowest dealer spreads in the business, starting at 0.6 pips. Spreads fees are defined by the account type you use. Variable spreads for major forex pairs such as EUR/USD start at 1.6 pips with the Silver account. Spreads get tighter with the Gold and Platinum accounts, going down to 0.6 pips. Fixed spreads are around 3 pips for EUR/USD with the Silver account.
- LegacyFX Spreads are ranked low with an overall rating of 7.9 out of 10 based on our testing comparison to other brokers. We found Forex spread much lower than the industry average of 1.2 pips for EURUSD, and spreads for other instruments are very attractive too. However, spreads are higher for some account types
|Asset/ Pair||LegacyFX Spread||Pepperstone Spread||AvaTrade Spread|
|EUR USD Spread||1.5 pips||0.77 pips||1.3 pips|
|Crude Oil WTI Spread||0.13 pips||2.3 pips||3 pips|
|BTC USD Spread||32.42||31.39||0.75%|
Deposits and Withdrawals
Another very important part of our LegacyFX review is how to transfer money from or to your trading account. Eventually, all account management happens through an online field while LegacyFX makes it possible to process the transaction via major credit/debit cards, Skrill, Neteller, and Bank Wire transfers. Payment methods vary depending on the entity you are trading with.
- LegacyFX Funding Methods we ranked Excellent with an overall rating of 7 out of 10. The minimum deposit is higher than the industry average, however, fees are either none or very small, and commissions are built into spreads
Here are some good and negative points for LegacyFX funding methods found:
|LegacyFX Advantages||LegacyFX Disadvantages|
|No deposit fees||Conditions vary according to the entity|
|Fast digital deposits, including Neteller, and Credit Cards||High minimum deposit|
|Multiple Account Base Currencies|
What is the minimum deposit for LegacyFX?
As for the minimum deposit amount, the Silver account at LegacyFX requires 500$ as a start, while other accounts deploy higher levels of first deposits. The pleasant moment is that LegacyFX does not charge any fees on credit card/electronic wallet deposits as well, yet this may vary from one rule to another.
Legacy minimum deposit vs other brokers
||Most Other Brokers
From the moment you submit and confirm the request to withdraw money from your account the accounting department of LegacyFX typically processes and confirms withdrawal within 3 business days.
As for the transfer fees, make sure to check conditions in detail with the payment provider and broker respectively as various jurisdictions may apply different rules due to international policies. Overall, LegacyFX defines no commission for withdrawals via Bank Cards but charges a 50$ fee for Wire Transfer withdrawals.
How long does it take to withdraw from Legacy FX?
Once a withdrawal request is submitted, it can take up to 3 business days to process the request. After the request has been approved, it will take additional 5-7 days for funds to appear in your account.
LegacyFX Trading Platforms
The software solution offered by LegacyFX mainstays the popular choice of the MetaTrader5 platform, which provides a comprehensive trading feature and vast solutions. It is not actually a surprise, as MT5 is a known industry intuitive platform that allows trading anywhere and anytime with advanced charting tools, and indicators to manage the risks with a better possibility to determine price direction.
- LegacyFX Platforms are ranked with an overall rating 7.4 out of 10 compared to over 500 other brokers. The broker offers the state-of-the-art trading platform MT5, however, the lack of alternative options is a major drawback
Trading Platform Comparison to Other Brokers:
|Platforms||LegacyFX Platforms||Pepperstone Platforms||XM Platforms|
Trade Forex and CFDs with the MetaTrader 5 web platform without installing or downloading any software application. You can trade on the Forex market with any browser and operating system with an internet connection.
MetaTrader5 for Desktop is designed to monitor and optimize your entire trading process by offering broad functionality. MetaTrader5 is an institutional multi-asset platform offering outstanding trading possibilities and technical analysis tools. Traders can enjoy the latest version of the most popular trading platform with plenty of cutting-edge features and benefits brought by LegacyFX.
LegacyFX Mobile Platform is available on both Android and IOS and allows traders to place eight types of pending orders to get more precise control over open positions. MetaTrader5 supports the trading of cryptocurrencies with a set of new and unique crypto features. Mobile MT5 simplifies the process of opening a new position with a single click and includes additional technical tools, which provide options to choose from over 21 timeframes for charting and nine additional techniques for chart structuring.
Support is available 24 hours and clients can either send an email, call support, or engage with customer support via a live chat feature. The support staff is fluent in English, Arabic, and Russian. The broker values customers and is happy to answer all general, technical, and account-related questions that you may have. They also appreciate hearing how they can improve the support available to traders.
- Customer Support in LegacyFX is ranked Excellent with overall rating 8.7 out of 10 based on our testing. We got some of the fastest and most knowledgeable responses compared to other brokers, the main point is that it is not available on weekends
See our find and Ranking on Customer Service Quality:
|Quality customer support ||Support not available 24/7|
|Multilingual support |
LegacyFX traders can find a variety of video lessons, trading platform guiding tutorials and courses, download full eBooks on a wide range of subjects, and enrich their knowledge in webinars presented by industry experts. On top of that, LegacyFX provides advanced trading tools and analysis and offers daily, weekly, and monthly market research.
The broker also provides:
- wide range of tutorials and courses covering all levels, from beginners to experienced traders;
- live webinars examining main events in the market and analyzing different approaches;
- periodical market research and analysis by top financial experts on currency, commodities, stocks, and more;
- financial trading tools including an economic calendar, glossary, and calculators to support trading.
Our Conclusion on LegacyFX Education:
- LegacyFX Education ranked with an overall rating of 8.9 out of 10 based on our research. The broker provides very good quality Education Materials and excellent research suitable for both beginners and experts
Who Is LegacyFX Recommended For?
From our expert point of view, LegacyFX is the best option for both novice and professional traders offering favorable conditions and a great education. The broker is also a good choice for passive investing.
LegacyFX Review Conclusion
Overall, our experience with the broker was positive. LegacyFX is a global brokerage company with a well-established customer-oriented operation that provides a secure, well-regulated trading environment suitable for almost every demand.
It appears to be one of the industry’s most promising brokers, established itself as a leader in the retail sector in recent years. Besides, the main tool and a very powerful one in the LegacyFX business strategy is – education, which attracts new traders and gives a great opportunity for both parties.
Based on Our findings and Financial Expert Opinion LegacyFX is Good for:
- Beginning Traders
- Professional Traders
- EAs running
- Copy Trading
- Scalping / Hedging Startegies
- Traders who prefer MT5 platform
- Currency Trading and CFD Trading
- Suitable for a Variety of Trading Strategies
- PAMM Trading