- Is AxiTrader Regulated?
- AxiTrader Pros and Cons
- Deposits and Withdrawals
- Trading Platforms
- Conclusion on AxiTrader
Our Review Method
- Our financial experts at 55Brokers with over 10 years of experience have thoroughly evaluated the broker’s offerings including platforms, spreads, fees, and verified regulations, as well as contacted its customer support to see the conditions to be able to give our expert opinion on AxiTrader
What is AxiTrader?
AxiCorp Financial Services Pty Ltd, also known by its trading name AxiTrader, is a Forex and CFDs broker based in Australia and founded in 2007. After the successful operation during the first years, the broker has been ranked among the most trusted Australia’s Forex brokers with the strongest brand association.
- In 2012 as a part of the company’s global enlargement campaign, the London branch AxiCorp Ltd was opened, as a wholly owned subsidiary of its Australian company.
- Axi offers the following tradeable instruments: forex pairs, indices, commodities, and cryptocurrencies. Its product range is quite narrow compared to other brokers.
As an established international group of companies, AxiTrader provides financial products focused on foreign exchange, primarily for retail investors. Tight spreads and fast execution come as standard on all accounts. The AxiTrader’s clients as well enjoying direct access to various liquidity providers from over 14 world’s largest banks.
Is AxiTrader an ECN Broker?
The short answer is Yes, Axi’s Pro account offers ECN-style tight spreads. You can access 140+ currency pairs for forex markets, a $0 minimum deposit, and fast execution with award-winning customer support all from one location through MT4.
AxiTrader Pros and Cons
Our experts find AxiTrader a reliable broker since it’s regulated by good regulations from top-tier FCA and ASIC. AxiTrader provides a range of trading platforms, and various funding methods, with average spreads and excellent customer support. We noticed that Axi has low forex fees, and deposits and withdrawals are free of charge. Its account opening process is smooth and fully digital.
For the negative points, the range of the instrument is narrow and limited to Forex and CFDs. The research tools are limited as well which is another drawback for beginners. Also, the broker’s customer support is not available 24/7.
|Authorized by 2 top-tier regulators||Limited Instrument Range|
|Good reputation and long years of operation||Poor research tool range|
|Compensation Scheme||No 24/7 customer support|
|Negative Balance Protection|
|Low Forex Fees|
|ECN Execution model|
AxiTrader Review Summary in 10 Points
|🗺️ Regulation||FCA, ASIC|
|📉 Instruments||Forex, Commodities as well CFDs and Indices, Bitcoin or Cryptocurrencies|
|💰 EUR/USD Spread||1.24 pips|
|💳 Minimum deposit||$0|
|🎮 Demo Account||Provided|
|💰 Base currencies||AUD, GBP, USD, EUR|
|📚 Education||Education center with analysis|
|☎ Customer Support||24/5|
Overall AxiTrader Ranking
Based on our Review and expert findings, AxiTrader is a trustworthy broker with a good reputation and excellent trading conditions, and attractive offers. We found broker’s low trading fees, also, traders can deposit as low as $1 since the broker doesn’t have any minimum deposit requirements, and overall conditions are good.
- AxiTrader’s Overall Ranking is 7.9 out of 10 based on our testing and compared to over 500 brokers, see Our Ranking below compared to other industry Leading Brokers.
|Ranking||AxiTrader||IC Markets||Trading 212|
AxiTrader Alternative Brokers
Despite all the great conditions with low fees and minimum deposit, we noticed that Axi’s range of instruments is pretty narrow and limited to only FX and CFD. Also, the educational materials for beginners and research tools are limited, and the support is only 24/5. Have a look at our selection of alternative brokers:
- Trading 212 – Excellent Education for Beginners and Experts
- IC Markets – Good Range of Instruments
- InteractiveBrokers – Good for Trading Real Stocks
For years AxiTrader has been consistently recognized for its outstanding trading service by industry awards, including being reliable and trustworthy. We have listed the most notable AxiTrader awards below:
- UK Forex Awards Best MT4 Provider 2019
- Best Forex Brokers Australia 2019
- Best Forex Broker Middle East 2019
Is AxiTrader Safe or Scam?
Axitrader is not a scam but voted timelessly for its trustworthiness, with low-risk Forex trading. The broker is licensed by top-tier regulators ensuring clients’ safety and compensation in case of insolvency.
Is AxiTrader regulated?
AxiTrader is licensed and regulated by the two main authorization institutions Financial Conduct Authority (UK) and by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission. Since over-the-counter derivatives carry significant risks traders should be assured they’re dealing with a transparent provider, which can be provided only by the regulated broker.
In this case, the client’s funds are safely kept in segregated accounts with top-tier banks and secured by compensation schemes. As well as all online transactions, executions, or traders’ manipulations are fully encrypted and follow operational guidelines.
See our conclusion on AxiTrader Reliability:
- Our Ranked AxiTrader Trust Score is 9 out 0f 10 for good reputation and service over the years. The broker ensures client safety through 2 top-tier regulators tailored with compensation scheme and negative balance protection
|AxiTrader Strong Points||AxiTrader Weak Points|
|FCA and ASIC regulated||Not listed on Stock Exchange|
|Negative Balance Protection|
|Segregated Accounts and excellent long history of operation|
What is AxiTrader Leverage?
Leverage is a quite known instrument, which obviously multiplies the initial capital you trading with and can be a very useful tool to magnify your potential gains, but in case you use it smartly. However, always note that high leverage can work in reverse too.
AxiTrader Leverage as a regulated broker in various jurisdictions complies to provide different trading conditions according to regulatory obligations set.
- The Australian clients of international traders that hold with ASIC-regulated AxiTrader accounts are entitled to up to 1:30.
- Those traders that are operated under the European FCA regulation can use limited Leverage to a maximum of 1:30 on Forex instruments.
These updates took place quite recently and are obligatory for the authorized broker, yet you as a trader may choose under which entity to open an account and therefore, have an option of which leverage level to use.
AxiTrader is divided into 3 accounts – MT4 Standard Account, MT4 Pro Account, and Elite Account.
At the first stage and as a new to trading, you also can open a free 30-day trial Demo account with a virtual cash balance of £50,000 to practice skills and touch a trading process in a “real”. The traders that follow Muslim Sharia rules are entitled to open a Swap Free Account that is not subject to Swap Fees on FX Major, FX Minor, and Precious Metals Symbols.
|Fast digital account opening||Account Proposals may vary according to jurisdiction|
|Free Demo Account||Demo Account available only for 30 days|
|Low minimum deposit|
|Free VPS technology|
|Islamic Account available|
How to open an account with AxiTrader?
Opening an account with AxiTrader is quite easy, you just need to follow the steps of the account opening process, verify your details and select the account type of your preference. You can also choose whether you want to open Deo or Live account.
Here’s the quick instruction on how to open your account:
- Choose your account type
- Fill in your personal info
- Identify yourself with an ID or a bank statement
- Fund your account and start trading
From one MT4 terminal client can access the full range of widely presented by the company trading options, including Forex, Commodities as well CFDs, and Indices, Bitcoin or Cryptocurrencies also can be traded the same way as major currencies. Overall, the broker covers the most demanding markets to trade, also UK residents can benefit from the Spread Bet option.
However, notice that UK residents can not trade cryptocurrencies since FCA banned Crypto trade in the UK.
- AxiTrader Market Range is ranked 7 out of 10. The broker offering is good but quite narrow and limited to only FX and CFDs. Also, the availability of some assets depends on the jurisdiction in which traders are registered.
Overall, we found that AxiTrader fees are relatively low or no fees at all. The difference between AxiTrader pricing features the particular needs of a trader, while Standard account fees are built into the spreads, which start at 1 pip, and 0 pips at Pro Account along with committeemen to 7$ commission per round.
Another cost you should consider while trading is a Swap Fee or an adjustment reflecting the relative difference in interest rates or yield on the underlying instruments. Typically, AxiTrader will charge Swap Fees on a Long Position and pay Swap Fees on Short Positions.
- AxiTrader Fees are ranked 8.6 out of 10 based on our research and expertise in comparison to over 500 brokers. Fees might be different based on the account choice. The broker might only charge fees for account inactivity. See the table of fees below:
|Fees||AxiTrader Fees||FM markets Fees||ICM Capital Fees|
Our experts found that AxiTraders spreads are average and low. With AxiTrader you’ll be able to keep your trading costs quite low, as the broker shows market-competitive spreads across a wide range of currencies, commodities, and indices (see a table with average spreads for the standard account). During liquid times the spreads may go as low as 0.0 pips, and the broker truly adheres to ensure costs at the most competitive available.
- AxiTrader Spreads is ranked 8.2 out of 10 based on our research and compared to other brokers. We found that the spreads for FX are in line with the industry average being 1.24 pips, while spreads for other assets are more attractive being relatively lower than the industry average
|Asset||AxiTrader Spread||FM markets Spread||ICM Capital Spread|
|EUR USD Spread||1.24 pips||0.7 pips||1.3 pip|
|Crude Oil WTI Spread||0.05||3 pip||4|
|Gold Spread||26.82||16 cents||45|
Deposits and Withdrawals
AxiTrader account can be funded by several options including Moneybookers/Skrill, Neteller, Wire Transfer, Credit Card, and BPAY. Also, there are selected companies with whom the company allows broker-to-broker transfers, so you can either transfer your account from another brokerage to AxiTrader.
As a client, you may also enjoy the possibility to have account base currency in GBP, USD, EUR, CHF, or PLN and deposit funds in those major currencies as well.
- AxiTrader Funding Methods are ranked Excellent with an overall rank of 8.7 out of 10. The broker doesn’t have low minimum requirements meaning traders can trade with a deposit as low as $1. Fees are either none on very low. Also, the broker offers a multi-currency account which is a great plus
Here are some good and negative points for AxiTrader funding methods found:
|AxiTrader Advantage||AxiTrader Disadvantage|
|Fast Digital depositing with cards and e-payment||Conditions might vary based on the entity and account type|
|Multiple Account Base Currencies|
|No minimum deposit requirements|
|0$ deposits and free withdrawals|
What is the Minimum Deposit at Axi?
AxiTrader has no minimum deposit requirements, you are free to deposit any amount for its standard and PRO accounts. However, for its Elite account, it requires at least $25,000. This makes the broker ideal for trading with a small amount.
How do I withdraw money from Axi?
To withdraw money from Axi, you need to go through the following steps:
- Log in to your account
- Select ‘Withdrawal’ or ‘Withdraw funds’ from the appropriate menu
- Select the withdrawal method and/or the account to withdraw to (if more than one option is available)
- Enter the amount to be withdrawn, and, if prompted, a short reason or description
- Submit your request
How long does it take to withdraw from Axi?
All withdrawals will be processed within 1-2 business days upon receipt. Withdrawal duration is varied depending on the withdrawal method.
AxiTrader Trading Platforms
Our research found that AxiTrader offers a full suite of MetaTrader 4, presented in Web, Android, iPhone, and iPad versions. Good to note, that not all MT4 platforms are created equal, as the broker may invest in a co-located server and fiber optics, in order to process more accurate trading or not.
- Overall, AxiTrader Platforms are ranked 7.9 out of 10 compared to over 500 other brokers. We consider the platform choice great as MT4 is one of the industry-leading platforms, also the broker offer Autochartist to strengthen your strategies.
Trading Platform Comparison to Other Brokers:
|Platforms||AxiTrader Platforms||Pepperstone Platforms||eToro Platforms|
For the ones who hold multiple accounts the integrated software tool Multi Account Manager (MAM) is a great and available solution, which lets placing of large orders in bulk with speed and no limitation.
- Since MT4 is a well-known and powerful enough platform with a broad array of available tools, AxiTrader’s users enjoy access to automated trading performed via EAs, enhanced connectivity with a range of extensions, and trading signals with allowance to share their strategies too.
- As well, you can strengthen your strategies by Authochartist, as an AxiTrader client getting free access to flexible charts through the sophisticated tool – PsyQuotation.
For professional traders, the company offers to use the Next Generation of MT4 – MT4NexGen. The platform is filled up with better and proven features, which makes trading even better, and includes sentiment indicators, correlation traders, alarm managers, automated trade journals, and many more. This platform is available free of charge for clients who open a live account with a minimum deposit of 1,000$.
Does Axi allow scalping?
Yes, scalping is allowed by Axi meaning if you are a scalper then the broker is an excellent choice thanks to the supportive environment, low spreads, and fast ECN execution. Besides, the broker also allows hedging and copy trading sophisticated strategies allowing traders to improve their trading experience.
Since the broker faced a significant increase in its volumes, we noticed AxiTrader launched an operation and multilingual customer support in numerous locations and now covering China, Latin America, the Middle East, Germany, and more. Actually, and this is true that AxiTrader is known in the trading industry for its award-winning customer support.
- We ranked AxiTrader Customer Support an overall rank of 8 out of 10. The broker provides excellent omnichannel multi-lingual support. The answers are clear and quick. The main point is that support is not available on weekends
See our Ranking on Customer Service Quality:
|Quick response||No 24/7 support|
|Supporting numerous languages|
|Availability of Live Chat|
As for education, we found that AxiTrader offers a good choice of educational materials including a huge choice of more than 60 video tutorials. The broker also offers video tutorials on MT4 trading as well, and multiple articles and eBooks regarding Crypto trading and both forex and stock markets to keep clients up to date. The broker also presents its Axi Academy educational portals with a great variety of free learning courses.
However, the broker lacks good research tools. The research section with the broker only provides access to an economic calendar and no other insightful research tools like other major brokers.
- Overall, we ranked AxiTrader Education 7.8 out of 10 based on our research and expertise. The broker offers a great variety of educational materials in different formats. However, the broker lacks decent research tools
Is this Broker Good for Beginners?
AxiTrader is suitable for beginner traders. It offers in-depth articles on various trading topics to help and support traders improve their trading results. The broker also offers different video tutorials. Another advantage is that the broker groups the education material according to certain topics, to help both beginner and professional traders find the information they need easier.
AxiTrader Review Conclusion
Overall, we found the main Axi offering that adheres to accessing the online trading world with ease for fresh graduates, as well as sophisticated enough solutions for experienced ones. A truly comprehensive range of tools, at AxiTrader’s mainstay MetaTrader 4 brings a very competitive technical solution to trade through market-making execution.
As for the important question about margins, Axi offers access to flexible leverage options. In addition, the broker is a popular choice among Australian traders and worldwide investors that were convinced about the Australian service provided.
Based on Our findings and Financial Expert Opinion AxiTrader is Good for:
- Experienced traders
- Technical Trading
- Day Trading
- Trading for UK Clients
- Australian Trading
- Scalping/Hedging and Copy trading
- EAs trading
- Trading through MT4
- Currency Trading and CFD Trading
- Traders preferring Autochartist
No news available.