- What is Capital.com?
- Capital.com Pros and Cons
- Is Capital.com safe or a scam?
- Account types
- Trading Platform
- Customer Support
Our Review Method
- 55Brokers Financial Experts with 10+ years of experience in Forex and CFDs trading market reviewed broker’s trading conditions including fees, platforms, verified licenses, contacted customer service, and placed traders to see trading conditions and give expert opinion about Capital.com
What is Capital.com?
Capital.com is a global CFDs and Forex brokerage firm established in 2016 with offices in the UK, Melbourne, Cyprus, and Belarus. The broker provides its traders access to over 4,000 markets with tight spreads, zero commission, and no hidden fees. Investors that chose Capital.com as their broker come to a number of over 788,000 traders worldwide, and this is not a surprising fact.
Capital.com is known for its easy-to-use award-winning CFD trading platform and its well-regulated nature. With market-leading spreads and zero commission, Capital.com’s traders can make a move on 3,000 of the world’s most popular indices, commodities, cryptocurrencies, shares, and currency pairs on the web and on mobile.
Capital.com Pros and Cons
Based on our research, Capital.com is a highly regulated broker holding three top-tier licenses from CySEC, ASIC, and FCA. The broker provides trading safety and a great range of instruments for CFD and Forex trading. Moreover, it offers the popular MT4 as a trading platform with an easy account opening process and relatively low spreads. Another great advantage is the low minimum deposit which makes it a perfect choice for beginner traders.
On the flip side, the broker’s market range is limited to CFDs and real stocks, and real stock trading is not available for Australian traders. Also, MT4 is not available for Australian traders. Beyond this, the broker provides poor education and research are quite poor.
|Global Broker with offices in Cyprus, UK
|conditions and market offerings vary depending on the entity
|Compensation scheme and negative balance protection
|Market range limited to FX and CFDs
|Suitable for both beginners and Professionals
|24/7 customer support
Capital.com Review Summary in 10 Points
|Melbourne, Cyprus, UK, Belarus, Gibraltar
|🗺️ Regulation and License
|CySEC, FCA, ASIC, NBRB
|Forex, CFDs, Stocks, Indices, Crypto
|💰 EUR/USD Spread
|🎮 Demo Account
|💳 Minimum deposit
|💰 Base currencies
|USD and EUR
|Trading Courses, Webinars
|☎ Customer Support
Overall Capital.com Ranking
Based on our findings, Capital.com is a highly reliable and well-operated broker with strict regulations. The broker offers a wide range of instruments with low spreads and competitive conditions. The minimum deposit is lower than the industry average making it a great option for beginner traders.
- Capital.com Overall Ranking is 8.9 out of 10 based on our testing and compared to over 500 brokers, see Our Ranking below compared to other industry Leading Brokers.
|Fast digital account opening
|3 Account types are offered
|Demo Account and Live Account
|High-Volume trading account for professionals
Capital.com Alternative Brokers
Despite all the great conditions and positive trading experience, we still found some disadvantages that couldn’t escape our attention. First, the broker market range is solely based on CFDs and some real stock. Australian traders are deprived of the opportunity to trade real stocks, as well as don’t have access to MT4. Also, the education part is neglected, too. Here, have a look at some alternative brokers:
Is Capital.com safe or scam?
No, Capital.com is not a scam, it is a safe broker since it is a regulated broker, with established under reputable FCA and CySEC regulations. However, we want to remind you that trading on margin is a high risk.
Is Capital.com legit?
Capital.com is fully regulated, audited, and authorized by industry-leading watchdogs: FCA (Read about FCA Regulated Infinox Broker), and CySEC (Read the CySEC regulated FXCC review).
The broker has also acquired a license from Australian regulator ASIC – Capital Com Australia Limited company registered in Australia (Forex Australia) and regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) under AFSL 513393.
- Based in the European Union, Capital.com complies with the requirements imposed by the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID). In simple terms, it means the broker is regulated and authorized to offer its trading service along with the necessary safety measures and controls applied.
- In addition, the broker runs its entities in the Bahamas and Seychelles, which are renowned offshore zones. However, we do not recommend trading under offshore entities due to the high risks of losing money.
See our conclusion on Capital.com Reliability:
- Our Ranked Capital.com Trust Score is 8.8 out 0f 10 for good reputation and high standard jurisdiction compliance holding 3 top-tier licenses and providing good clients’ protection and compensation in case of insolvency.
|Capital.com Strong Points
|Capital.com Weak Points
|Regulated international broker
|Negative Balance Protection applied
|Regulated by FCA, CySEC, and ASIC
How are you protected?
As a retail client money is fully segregated from the broker funds and is kept separately and safely with world-leading banks. Along with the rest, necessary protection procedures that are carefully followed by the company, the trading accounts, and overall management of the traders from A to Z adhere to provide you with a clear state of mind.
- Every deposit is protected by the Investor Compensation Fund or by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme in the UK in accordance with regulatory provisions.
Capital.com has implemented negative balance protection and margin closeouts to ensure that traders don’t ever lose more money than they put in. The EEA registration and the provision of services on a cross-border basis performed by authorization from cross authorities within Europe make Capital.com operation standards highly reasonable.
Does Capital.com work in USA?
No, Capital.com accepts clients from across the globe with the only exception of the US. In order for the broker to be eligible to operate in the US, it should be authorized and regulated by Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC)
Leverage levels are usually defined by several factors as this tool increases the initial trading size you may operate and results in the potential to magnify your gains. However, along with its great capabilities, leverage increases risks too, making it possible to lose and gain a bigger amount in parallel.
For this reason, regulatory bodies significantly restrict the use of leverage for retail traders as risks to fall into negative scenarios are very high if you don’t know how to use leverage properly.
Based on our research, Capital.com Leverage being a Cyprus and EU-regulated firm respectively that operates under ESMA restrictions as well, therefore may offer lower leverage levels that are also defined by each instrument separately and may be checked from the platform directly.
- Retail traders’ leverage is a maximum of 1:30 for major currency pairs, 1:10 for Commodities, and 1:20 for non-major currency pairs, gold, and major indices
- Professional traders may access high leverage up to 1:500 once the status is confirmed
We found that Capital.com allows you to choose from 3 account types, which are Standard, Plus, and Premier. These accounts differ in services and additional functions available for the traders. Also, Capital.com allows you to either open a demo account and test trading strategies or to open a live account to enter forex markets.
- Certainly, it is important to understand the risks involved in trading before account opening, hence the broker strongly encourages new traders to practice and educate themselves by using a demo account, also how to minimize risk using the educational tools available from the broker learning programs.
|Fast digital account opening
|3 Account types are offered
|Demo Account and Live Account
|High-Volume trading account for professionals
How to use Capital.com?
In order to use Capital.com, first of all, you need to open an account. To do so, you need to fill in a registration form with personal details, after which you need to choose between a demo and a real account. To use the real account you need to replenish it with funds and get verification. Then you can proceed to trade.
We found out that at Capital.com you can trade Contracts for Difference (CFDs) on stocks (like Apple), commodities (like Silver), indices (like the Germany 30), currency pairs (like EUR/USD), and cryptocurrencies (like Bitcoin). The broker also allows real stock trading.
- The broker offers mostly CFDs on stocks, and crypto and opened the offer for real stocks. However, note that crypto trading is no longer available for UK clients since the local regulator has banned it, also, Australian traders don’t have access to real stock trading.
The broker offers a pretty wide range of instruments traders can choose from based on their needs and use Capital.com’s user-friendly portal to benefit from trading.
- Capital.com Markets Range Score is 8.7 out 0f 10 for a good selection of trading instruments from most liquid markets trading as CFDs or real stock. The only point is that Australian traders are not provided with real stocks
How to trade crypto on Capital.com?
We found that Capital.com allows crypto trading to non-UK traders on a CFD basis with low spreads. The broker allows trading such cryptocurrencies as Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ripple, and Ethereum. It offers a variety of cryptocurrencies that can be traded in relation to many different currencies. In order to trade crypto on Capital.com you need to fund your account and choose assets based on your needs and start trading.
Capital.com provides most of its brokerage services for free. The broker keeps its fee and pricing policy transparent, which means if there are any charges added, the company explaines fees clear. As we found, Broker’s fees are mainly based on spread charges also be sure to check the full fee structure.
- Capital.com Fees are ranked low with an overall rating of 8.6 out of 10 based on our testing and compared to over 500 other brokers. Fees might be different based on entity offering, see our findings of fees and pricing in the table below
|Global GT Fees
|GO Markets Fees
Broker’s fees are mainly based on spread charges, which are competitive across the market. Based on our findings and test, Capital.com offers some of the tightest spreads on the market, such as the EUR/USD is listed as low as 0.6 pips.
- Capital.com Spreads are ranked low with an overall rating 8.8 out of 10 based on our testing comparison to other brokers. We found that the broker offers spreads for forex as low as 0.6 pips for EUR/USD, and spreads for other instruments are very attractive too
|Global GT Spread
|GO Markets Spread
|EUR USD Spread
|Crude Oil WTI Spread
|BTC USD Spread
However, Capital.com charges an overnight fee that is based only on the leverage provided rather than the entire value of your position for Cryptocurrencies, Shares, and Thematic Investments. The overnight fee charge on Indices, Commodities, and FX is based on the entire value of your position.
Deposits and Withdrawals
Based on our research, Capital.com works with a variety of payment service providers that ensure your possibility to cover a wide range of deposit methods.
- Our rank for Capital.com funds is 8 out of 10. The broker requires a low minimum deposit with fees that are either nonexistent or little. Overall, funds conditions are quite attractive, especially for beginners
Here are some good and negative points for Capital.com funding methods found:
|Fast digital deposits
|Very Small first deposit only 20$
|Wide range of deposit option
|Free deposit and withdrawals
With Capital.com you can open a live account in any of the following currencies: GBP (£), EUR (€) or USD ($), PLN (zł).
You can make your first deposit using a debit card, credit card, Bank Wire Transfer, Sofort, iDeal, Giropay, Multibanko, Przelewy24, QIWI, Webmoney, ApplePay, Trustly, 2c2p, or AstropayTEF as your payment method.
Capital.com Minimum deposit
The minimum deposit is 20 EUR, 20 USD, 20 GBP, or 100 PLN for all payment methods, except wire transfer, which has a 250 EUR (or the equivalent in the currency of your trading account) minimum.
Capital.com returns money by the same payment method you used to fund your account initially. This means, that if you use the bank transfer method, the broker will send your money back to your bank account. If you use a credit/debit card, they will transfer money back to the card you used.
How to withdraw from Capital.com?
The withdrawal of your funds is an easy process. In order to withdraw money from your account, select the withdrawing method from the appropriate menu, enter the amount to be withdrawn and confirm the process.
Usually, Capital.com processes all withdrawal requests within 24 hours but it may take between 5-7 business days for the funds to reach your card/bank account. Wire transfers may take longer.
Capital.com Trading Platforms
A variety of platforms at Capital.com covers its own web-based platform and popular MT4, as well as mobile or tablet apps, or still remains the choice to use known MT4. Note that MT4 is not available to Australian clients.
- We rank Capital.com Platforms 7.8 out of 10. The broker does offer the industry-leading trading platform MT4, however, it is not available for Australian brokers at this point. The broker also offers its own platform which is a quite sophisticated technology with many tools supported
Trading Platform Comparison to Other Brokers:
Broker’s award-winning online trading platform is designed for trailblazers searching for the ultimate trading experience. Along with this platform, traders get access to over 75 technical indicators, multiple trading chart types, and extensive drawing tools. It allows users to control their risk with stop-loss (Read about ActivTrades broker with Guaranteed Stop Loss), exploit unexpected price jumps with take-profit, and feel confident with negative balance protection (Read about negative balance protection brokers HYCM & FXCC).
As we already mentioned, the broker also offers the MT4 platform, which is brought to boost trading experience with real-time charts, live quotes, in-depth analytics and a range of order management tools, indicators and Expert Advisors (Check out FP Markets review). The platform is user-friendly, easy to navigate and equipped with abundant professional-grade features.
Mobile Trading Platform
Capital.com provides mobile trading for iOS and Android devices for traders to get the best trading experience with the most beautiful CFD trading platform ever designed for a mobile device. The Capital.com trading app uses an AI-powered trading bias detection system to reveal various cognitive biases that prevent traders from making profitable trading decisions.
Free and simple to use app suitable for iPhone and Android devices, supporting MT4 version as well, so you can remain updated about trading on the go. The app is highly regarded and well-developed, so you can apply full customization on your phone, as well as check account status, request withdrawals, and see fee reports, all from your mobile.
One of the other great points we should admit is Customer Support. Capital.com multilingual support (supports 24 languages worldwide) is available with the service the trader requires daily which is also on a very sustainable and professional level. You can Live Chat, Phone, or Email them within working hours 24/7.
- Capital.com’s Customer Support Ranking is 10 out of 10 based on our testing. The broker provides exceptional 24/7 omnichannel customer support available in multiple languages. We got very quick and relevant responses to our inquiries
|Live Chat, Phone lines, emails supported
|24 Languages supported
Besides maintaining optimum support and assistance, refined products, and full transparency, Capital.com also provides its clients with a selection of education through its Trading Courses with educational articles, courses, glossaries, and trading guides.
Besides that, Capital.com provides access to other helpful tools for its traders, such as Capital.com TV, Webinars, fundamental news, and technical analysis.
- Capital.com Education ranked with an overall rating of 7.5 out of 10 based on our research. The education provided by the broker is good, however, in our opinion, it could be more diverse
|Demo Account available
|Comprehensive research tools
|Market News, Webinars and Web TV
Capital.com Review Conclusion
Overall, we remained pretty satisfied with our trading experience with the broker. Capital.com is a global brokerage company with a well-established customer-oriented operation, and a secure, well-regulated trading environment suitable for almost every demand. The services and products are tailored to specific requirements while bringing a comprehensive range of clients’ accounts, platforms, tools, and instruments with the ability to choose a suitable strategy. The broker is suitable for all types of traders both beginners and advanced offering competitively low spreads and fees all with really low minimum deposits. The broker offers a wide range of liquid markets on its easy-to-use platforms.
Based on Our findings and Financial Expert Opinion Capital.com is Good for:
- Trading Cryptocurrency
- Trading Stocks
- MT4 Trading
- EA trader
- Beginning Traders
- Professional Traders
- Algorithmic or API Traders
- Copy Trading
- Scalping / Hedging Startegies
- Currency Trading and CFD Trading
- Suitable for a Variety of Trading Strategies