- What is Markets.com?
- Markets.com Pros and Cons
- Is Markets.com Safe or a Scam?
- Market Instruments
- Deposits and Withdrawals
- Trading Platform
- Customer Support
Our Review Method
- 55Brokers Financial Experts with over 10 years of experience in Forex Trading check all trading offerings, fees, and platforms, verified regulations, contacted customer service, and placed traders to see trading conditions and give expert opinions about Markets.com.
What is Markets.com?
Markets.com is a global brokerage firm with clients from all around the world. It is one of the largest Forex and CFD providers offering more than 2,200 trading assets.
We found that the firm is regulated by some of the most stringent financial authorities, including the FCA of the UK and ASIC of Australia. Markets.com also offers excellent customer service by providing support in various languages.
What Type of Broker is Markets.com?
Markets.com is a Forex and CFD broker providing access to the most popular markets including CFD on Stocks, ETFs, Forex, Crypto, and more. The broker provides its clients with access to top-tier liquidity and advanced trade execution.
Markets.com Pros and Cons
Markets.com is a heavily regulated Broker with an excellent reputation. With easy account opening, user-friendly platforms, and numerous trading tools and instruments, Markets.com is one of the most reputable and large trading brokers. By providing educational tools and expert financial analysis, the broker’s offering is suitable for clients with different levels of trading experience.
For the Cons, the trading fees for Stock CFDs are higher, and there is no 24/7 customer support.
|Recognized and regarded broker worldwide||No 24/7 customer service|
|Wide range of trading platforms and competitive trading conditions||Conditions vary based on the entity|
|Great technical solutions and tools|
|Good quality educational materials and research|
|Quality customer support with live chat and fast response|
Markets.com Review Summary in 10 Points
|🗺️ Regulation||CySEC, ASIC, FCA, FSC|
|🖥 Platforms||Markets.com, MT4, MT5|
|🎮 Demo Account||Available|
|💰 Base currencies||Several currencies offered|
|💰 EUR/USD Spread||0.7 pips|
|📉 Instruments||Stocks, ETFs, Blends, Commodities, CFDs, Indices, Cryptocurrencies, Bonds, Forex and Investment option on thousands of Shares|
|💳 Minimum deposit||$100 |
|📚 Education||Professional knowledge center and research materials including Live News, analysis and free tools|
|☎ Customer Support||24/5|
Overall Markets.com Ranking
Based on our Expert findings, Markets.com is considered a good broker with safe and very favorable trading conditions. The broker offers a range of trading services designed for both beginner traders and professionals with low initial deposit amounts. As one of the good advantages, Markets.com covers almost the globe, so traders from various countries can sign in, also with the lowest spreads.
- Markets.com Overall Ranking is 8.9 out of 10 based on our testing and compared to over 500 brokers, see Our Ranking below compared to other industry Leading Brokers.
|Advantages||Trading Platforms||Trading Conditions||Deep Liquidity|
Markets.com Alternative Brokers
We learned that Markets.com offers a range of trading instruments, good trading conditions, and also low trading spreads and fees. However, there are a number of other brokers that offer similar services. Here are some of the best alternatives to Markets.com:
- AvaTrade – Good Instruments and CopyTrading
- Pepperstone – Low Spreads and Competitive Trading Conditions
- XM – Wide Range of Trading Opportunities
Based on our findings, we learned that starting from 2008, Markets.com won numerous international awards to date for the quality of its services, including the best Forex provider of 2017 and the best FX platform of 2017 awarded by the UK Forex Awards. the best Forex broker (Runner up) awarded by daytrading.com, and the best Forex trading platform in the Middle East in 2020.
Is Markets.com Safe or Scam?
No, Markets.com is not a scam. Based on our Expert research, Markets.com is a safe broker to trade with. It is regulated and licensed by several top-tier financial authorities including the ASIC in Australia and the FCA in the UK.
Is Markets.com Legit?
Yes, Markets.com is a legit and regulated broker in various jurisdictions.
- Markets.com is a global brand and trademark operated by Safecap Investment Ltd located in Cyprus (Nicosia) and a regulated investment services firm authorized in the conduct of activities by CySEC.
- Safecap Investments Limited is owned by Finalto Limited and is a subsidiary of Playtech PLC, a company traded on the London Stock Exchange’s Main Markets and a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
See our conclusion on Markets.com Reliability:
- Our Ranked Markets.com Trust Score is 9.2 out of 10 for good reputation and service over the years, also reliable top-tier licenses, and serving regulated entities in each region it operates. The only point is that regulatory standards and protection vary based on the entity.
|Markets.com Strong Points||Markets.com Weak Points|
|Multiply regulated broker with a strong establishment||Regulatory standards and protection vary based on the entity Regulated by top-tier authorities|
|Regulated by top-tier authorities
|Fully audited financial services|
|Negative Balance Protection applied|
How Are You Protected?
In simple words, being regulated by reputable authorities means the broker takes compliance seriously. Also, Markets.com maintains high operational standards and provides safety to its clients by offering negative balance protection. In particular, the broker keeps its clients’ funds in segregated bank accounts at regulated banks, validates capital ratio along with reporting, and provides web security protection.
We learned that Markets.com offers marginal trading, meaning that you can trade through a multiplied amount of your initial deposit and operate larger positions. This tool gives a great advantage as it increases your potential gains, however, it is important to understand leverage and be aware of the risks when using it.
We found that Markets.com Leverage offers the following conditions:
- A high level of leverage of up to 300:1 for Forex major instruments.
- Maximum leverage depends on the entity and regulation:1:30 ASIC/FCA/CySEC
- 1:300 is available via BVI FSC
Based on our findings, Markets.com offers one main account type and a demo account, designed for the best performance according to your trading capabilities. Account opening is a seamless process with a variety of services defined by the level of your experience.
|Fast digital account opening||Account types and proposals may vary according to jurisdiction|
|Low minimum deposit|
|Access to a wide range of financial instruments|
|Free practice Demo Account|
How to Trade in Markets.com?
Starting to trade with Markets.com, you will first need to open an account and deposit funds. The process is simple and can be done entirely online. Once your account has been approved, you can then make a deposit using one of the many methods available. Based on our research we found out that Markets.com offers user-friendly platforms with all the tools and resources you need to trade successfully.
How to Open Markets.com Live Account?
Opening an account with Markets.com is quite easy. You should follow the opening account or sign-in page and proceed with the guided steps:
- Click on the “Sign Up” icon on the Markets.com homepage
- You will be asked to upload your ID documents during the process, or you can upload them later
- Once registered, you can proceed to fund your account and start trading on any one of our platforms.
We found that Markets.com offers access to over 2,000 trading assets, including Shares, Indices, Currencies, Cryptocurrencies, Commodity CFDs, and more with 0 commission and leverage ratios of up to 1:300.
The trading instruments include both regular offerings among brokers, and unique ones too. There are numerous advantages that you may enjoy through Shares dealing through Markets.com with over 12 major markets with zero commission.
Forex trading includes major, minors and exotic currency pairs over 60 in total while paying only spread with no commission, while on popular pairs EUR/USD, GBP/USD spread is around 0.7 pips.
- Markets.com Markets Range Score is 8.8 out of 10 for wide trading instrument selection among Forex, Indices, Cryptos, and more.
*Crypto CFDs are not offered to retail clients in the UK
We found that the trading costs at Markets.com are all included in the floating spread if you trade via the Markets.com trading platform, which is quite competitive compared to other brokers’ spreads. For share dealing, you will be offered 0 commission for the first three months and afterward, you will be charged a low commission.
The overnight fee, which you should also consider as a trading cost is charged in case you take opened position overnight or longer than a day. E.g. the overnight fee for EUR/USD pair is set to -2.05 in case you go short and -0.54 for long positions.
- Markets.com Fees are ranked average with an overall rating of 9.2 out of 10 based on our testing and compared to over 500 other brokers. Fees might be different based on entity offering, see our findings of fees and pricing in the table below, however, Markets.com overall fees are considered good.
|Fees||Markets.com Fees||Pepperstone Fees||AvaTrade Fee|
Based on our Expert findings, we learned that Markets.com offers variable spreads depending on the account type the trader chooses. The broker offers competitive spreads across all our platforms.
- Markets.com Spreads are ranked low with an overall rating of 8.5 out of 10 based on our testing comparison to other brokers. We found Forex spread much lower than the industry average, and spreads for other instruments are very attractive too.
|Asset/ Pair||Markets.com Spread||Pepperstone Spread||AvaTrade Spread|
|EUR USD Spread||0.7 pips||0.77 pips||1.3 pips|
|Crude Oil WTI Spread||0.05 (USD)||2.3 pips||3 pips|
|Gold Spread||1 (USD)||0.13||40|
|BTC USD Spread||85.53 (USD)||31.39||0.75%|
Deposits and Withdrawals
We learned that all deposit or withdrawal requests can be done through a personal account by simply submit of the request, which is also available through Mobile App which is definitely a plus.
- Markets.com Funding Methods we ranked good with an overall rating of 8.8 out of 10. The minimum deposit is among average in the industry, yet fees are either none or very small also allowing to benefit from various account-based currencies, yet deposit options vary on each entity.
Here are some good and negative points for Markets.com funding methods found:
|Markets.com Advantage||Markets.com Disadvantage|
|Fast digital deposits via various payment options||Methods and fees vary in each entity|
|$100 is a first deposit amount|
|Multiple account base currencies|
|No internal fees for deposits and withdrawals|
|Withdrawal requests confirmed within 3 days|
In terms of funding methods, Markets.com offers numerous payment methods which are a very good plus, yet check according to its regulation whether the method is available or not.
- Credit/Debit cards
- Bank Wire
- Neteller, and more
Markets.com Minimum Deposit
The minimum deposit for Markets.com is $100, which allows beginners or traders of any size to open an account easily. Yet, check the requirements according to your residence and the applicable account to you.
Markets.com minimum deposit vs other brokers
||Most Other Brokers
For withdrawals, transactions are generally processed quickly and have no charge, however, some banks may charge a transaction fee, regarding minimum withdrawal amounts and withdrawal timeframes:
How Withdraw Money from Markets.com Step by Step:
- Login to your account
- Select Withdraw Funds’ in the menu tab
- Enter the withdrawn amount
- Choose the withdrawal method
- Complete the electronic request with necessary requirements
- Confirm withdrawal information and Submit
- Check the current status of withdrawal through your Dashboard
Based on our Expert findings, Markets.com has built a trading platform that focuses on the trading and investment needs of its clients. In particular, the Markets.com trading platform offers many benefits such as access to a wide range of fundamental, technical, and sentiment-based trading tools as well as expert analysis. Additionally, traders also have the option of Share dealing with a huge range of stocks offered.
Moreover, in case you still prefer a reliable and common choice of MetaTrader, you have the option to trade through MT4 and MT5 along with comprehended trading capabilities enhanced by Markets.com powerful tools.
- Markets.com Platform is ranked Excellent with an overall rating of 9.2 out of 10 compared to over 500 other brokers. We mark it as excellent being one of the best proposals we saw in the industry, and a great range including MT4, and MT5 suitable for professional trading. Also, all are provided with good research and excellent tools.
Trading Platform Comparison to Other Brokers:
|Platforms||Markets.com Platforms||Pepperstone Platforms||XM Platforms|
Web Trading Platform
We found that the Markets.com trading platform is available through Web and App versions. The platform is user-friendly and allows access to a variety of tools that bring the advantage and capability to design one’s own unique trading strategy.
We learned that the proprietary platform features interactive and responsive just a few clicks user interfaces through shortlisted most favorite customizable charts, and educational, in-depth analysis of beneficial materials.
Based on our findings, customer support is available 24/5, and available in various languages, with live chat, phones, and emails. Indeed, Markets.com takes client satisfaction quite a priority, therefore, whatever concern or question you may have customer service remains at your disposal.
- Customer Support in Markets.com is ranked good with an overall rating of 8.5 out of 10 based on our testing. We got fast and knowledgeable responses, also quite easy to reach during the working days.
See our find and Ranking on Customer Service Quality:
|Quick responses and relevant answers||No 24/7 customer support|
|Supporting numerous languages|
|Availability of Live Chat
Based on our research, we found that Markets.com provides ongoing educational webinars of different levels. Inserted risk management tools like Stop Loss and a range of powerful trading tools enable traders to keep track of developments and rationalize the trading process.
- Markets.com Education ranked with an overall rating of 8.9 out of 10 based on our research. The broker provides very good quality educational materials, and excellent research also cooperates with market-leading providers of data.
Markets.com Review Conclusion
Concluding the Markets.com review, we admit a safe broker to trade with reliable trading solutions. Markets.com provides expanded trading strategies and a certain way of dealing with markets and traders that gained a reliable and respected reputation operating for many years and is ranked as one of the leading Forex brokers.
We mark Markets.com’s flexibility in terms of platforms, currency pairs, and a number of provided solutions is another key advantage to its positive side. The broker offers competitive costs and good education materials suitable for traders of different levels.
Based on Our findings and Financial Expert Opinions Markets.com is Good for:
- Advanced traders
- Traders who prefer MT4/MT5 platforms
- Currency and CFD trading
- EAs running
- Variety of trading strategies
- Competitive spreads
- Algorithmic or API traders
- Learning about Forex trading
- Supportive customer support